Curved Airhons for DTH 16v installations-Demo

Discussion in 'Badger5' started by badger5, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Depends on what you are after.
    This is Bill's paid sponser section though and you are after general advice, rather than the product on offer here, it would be best ask on the main section.

2. jonlikescad Forum Member

Anyone any good at trigonometry? I'm sure you could get a few basic measurements and post them up and some designergeek could work out what angle you'd need to have the curved tip of the horn settle nicely under the slam panel :thumbup:

now, if someone wants to lend me their 2.0l 16v mk2, I'd be happy to oblige... [:D]

3. murph81 Forum Member

The car will be used on the road so I'll be looking for a happy medium really, just want to get the best I can from the engine I have.

I pm'd Bill already today to order a set of curved spacers and adaptors, just waiting to hear a reply.

I was on the phone to Jenvey today aswell to see if they had any plans to make or would consider making curved spacers for the dth and twin Weber dcoe style throttles.

Surely it wouldn't take much to cast a new type of spacer?

4. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

or Curved Trumpets :thumbup:

5. murph81 Forum Member

Can't seem to find any Brookster?

6. Bruce T Forum Member

I found the best way to get hold of Bill is to call him. Very helpful bloke but also very busy so I dont think he gets a chance to check the forum much.

Also interested in this. It's been on my list of things that need to do for ages.
    I looked into making something up. Think the easiest way would be to make a mould and pour a spacer using epoxy resin. Theres a chap near me that poured some ram pipes for his old 911 in this way.

Anyway, as Toyotec says, this is Bill's sponser section so we should probably move this discussion to the technical section. :)

7. murph81 Forum Member

Is it a Mk1 you have aswell Bruce?

Yeah I must give him a buzz, I'd say he is a busy man alright!

8. Bruce T Forum Member

I'm mk2.
    The clearance isn't too bad on the mk2, I've got 60mm pipes at the moment and a fair bit of room to go bigger but they're pointed at the underside of the bonnet. I just want to get them angled downwards, ideally just below the top of the slam panel.