deleting ABS- mk3 golf gti

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by moorin, Jun 2, 2011.

1. moorin Forum Member

I have binned my ABS on my mk3 so was wondering what setup do I need to run so my brakes work fine without the ABS. Will I need a brake proportioning valve etc?

Thanks

2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

ive been thinking about this.

remove the abs unit under the bonnet, get a series of flexi hoses to reconnect the relevant hard lines with a bias valve for the rear.

3. moorin Forum Member

Could do that but my car needs new Brake lines so I was up for making a whole new setup, bias valves would also work but there are two lines going to the rear of the car so you would need two bias valves right?

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

The later ABS module does automatic brake biasing very well. Binning is a backward step IMO.

5. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

combine the two lines

6. moorin Forum Member

well been the scene fag i am i have binned the abs module because i have a shaved engine bay :lol: pricing up some braided hoses and bias valve so will see if its any good.

7. Ozgti New Member

Can I use the abs module as a bias valve? I've Swapped a mk3 vr6 beam into a mk2 and lost the proportioning valve. Looking to go abs later, once I get a loom.

8. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yes so long as you have the correct version of abs, the system takes over the function of the bias valve which is why some mk3 with abs have no valve :)