Digifiz install on a mk2 golf 1.9 tdi

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Adamss24, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Adamss24 Forum Member

As per title I am making a wiring loom for installing a digifiz cluster into a golf mk2 with a mk3 1.9 tdi engine install and ce2 wiring upgrade. I am a bit stuck with a few bits, I was folllowing the picture on the digifiz install guide but it’s a bit unclear what it is…any pointers ? 539F35FC-9242-4436-8E68-8120663EECA3.jpeg

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

thats the fuel pump under the car, no need to touch that ;)

for whatever reason VW use 4 thin wires to the main pump rather than 2 thicker ones, it could be as simple as a suitable rubber boot for the main fuel pump 2 pin plug with just 2 holes in wasn't available at the time :lol:

Adamss24 likes this.
  3. Adamss24 Forum Member

I thought about that as the car hasn’t a lift pump in the tank !

4. Adamss24 Forum Member

A few days ago I emailed the digifiz shop on Facebook asking if they can make a wiring loom to work with my car, answer came promptly 500 euro.

Now I am not made out of money and it seems that 10m of electrical wire is spliced into some plastic connectors wrapped in insulating tape is worth that much!

Anyway, I will pursue with making the instrument cluster to work on my car, I hope I don’t blow things up !

I am a mechanic and welder by trade, i don’t make 1k a day…maybe I am selling myself too cheap ?!

rant over…

5. KeithMac Forum Junkie

People will happily pay that for wiring looms.

I sometimes have that in a wiring loom repair job (to a vehicle) and there's never been any issues.

6. rubjonny

assuming they're being made with new cluster terminals its not tooooo bad, as last time they were available it was only from VW classic at over €2 each(!) thats the only thing stopping me from making them as you just cant get the pins now. Even if you have a normal ce1 loom as a base half the wires arent long enough plus you need to add a load extra on top. If you can source one a scirocco dash loom is the best one to start with all the wires are nice and long

Adamss24 likes this.
  7. Adamss24 Forum Member

I wouldn’t Mind if it was a full loom however it’s just 10 wires about 1.5m long- how much can that be ? As I said I work hard for my money, the heck- my golf didn’t cost me as much when I bought it with broken engine !

8. rubjonny

10 wires? I wish :lol: making a propwr OE quality digifiz loom is a lot of work, I've made a few over the years

9. Adamss24 Forum Member

it was just a figure of speech, not to be taken ad literam...still to damn expensive for my pocket ! Thanks chaps, looks like i have to do it myself in the end, will update the thread with pictures when i will fit it on the car, still a lot of bodywork to do to get it presentable !

10. rubjonny

alrighty, if you need any help dont be afraid to ask :) the OE digifiz ce2 wiring is a bit weird if you want it fully how VW would have done it, or you can make it more like a normal ce2 wiring harness. also depends how many of the features you want active

11. Adamss24 Forum Member

Thank you Sir ! Will ask questions if I get stuck ! Much appreciated!