Dodgy driver

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by dodgy, Mar 7, 2021.

1. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

It is lovely here, I do get 'homesick' sometimes though Phil, but I'm lucky to visit it so often as boy is still down there.
    Here's some pics, cheddar, Burnham, Kilve with fossils, clevedon, church from the village I grew up in with 2 daft buggers on it, mangerton and west bay fish and chips.
    Might get a shepherd's hut one day down there.
    And scrapyards are better there.

Attached Files:

costel1969 and PhilRyder like this.
  2. dodgy

Mmmm. Heated seat. :p

AKAeddypeck likes this.
  3. AKAeddypeck Forum Member

Great work.

I'm currently enjoying the heated seats I installed in mine although I used an aftermarket kit of eBay. I have a pair of Polo heated seat switches where are also vertical like the Passat ones you have, I was thinking I could use them but apparently there's some difference I don't understand; resistive vs positive blaa blaa blaa.... anyway the aftermark switch dosen't offend me so it can stay for now

[​IMG]

afbiker02 and dodgy like this.
  4. dodgy

@AKAeddypeck that switch looks good, very subtle.
    The passat switches stick out more than I would like, but they do fit with a little trim, and doesn't take up the console cubby hole which was my original idea, but know I would miss its usefulness.
    When I get chance (list forever growing) I will look at swapping colours as they glow red, so may change original switches to that.
    What we're the polo ones like? Couldn't find any when looking.

5. PhilRyder

PhilRyder Paid Member Paid Member

What about taking the roller mechanism and mounting it in the MK2 blank switches?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    dodgy likes this.
  6. dodgy

That was a thought I had earlier, I've got mk4 and tt switches here to play with, so might be a rainy afternoon over Christmas break to try something.

7. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

ebay.de is a great source for heated seat kits, mk3 golf often cheap for the wiring then just keep em peeled for the mk2 switch. main thing is they need a compatible thermistor in the pads to work right, if you find a kit with ruined base pads you can salvage the thermistor out of it. apparently mk4 golf pads are compatible with mk2 type switch but not confirmed that for myself

dodgy likes this.
  8. dodgy

I'll keep an eye out for the mk2 switches, thanks for the heads up @rubjonny, the mk4 switches work as the passat and tt ones do.

9. cupracraig

cupracraig Paid Member Paid Member

bit of a nightmare with the old builder so thats gone down a legal route. Were in the process of getting some quotes for various things, dry shell, foundations etc.. but its a bit slow. its just put us back by 12 months which is really shit and quite draining.

its just so annoying as builders seem so bad at their customer service. like not turning up to quote when they said they would, its not hard to call someone and just leaves me feeling like its an industry full of rogues

dodgy likes this.
  10. dodgy

Exactly, we just waited 7 months for our windows and doors, then 2 days after fitting the company went bust, no guarantee, no fensa certificate, and a couple of problems.
    Suppose it could have been worse and not had them at all and lost deposit.
    Unfortunately it's not easy finding a decent company, all these federation things aren't worth the paper they are written on, and the company just pays for the membership, like the good garage scheme, federation of woodworkers, nhbc etc. If there is a problem they don't want to know, even fensa and the body that should have covered this have washed hands on it. And the company that supplied the double glazed unit itself that has failed just blamed the installation.
    If we have a problem in our kitchen company we do what we can (usually) to rectify, even where customers have damaged plinth with their dishwasher failing, so we replaced it including fitting, suppose I've been in it 30+ years and take pride in my job, help people where I can. Perhaps that's why I'm not monetary rich.

Vinnie likes this.
  11. AKAeddypeck Forum Member

The L, R and little seat icon illuminate blue on this switch, but I have a spare as when I bought the kit one of the LEDs wasn't illuminating so like you, when I (if) get some time I'll break apart the spare switch and look top put green LEDs in. I like the OE green, my dimister and fog switch aren't very bright so also need to replace the bulbs with LEDs on those.

The numbers for the heat setting don't light up till they're on, so I'm happy with the being red as it stands out well - and red = hot [:D]

As for the Polo switches, think they are very similar, if not identical to the Passat ones. I'll try and rememebr to dig them out of storage and get a pic.

dodgy likes this.
  12. AndyBa Paid Member Paid Member

I followed Tim's recommendation and bought the heated pads off ebay. However I tried to make the switch "oem-like". It took ages using a drill and file! Just need to apply the L and R.

I've notice single OEM switches at a reasonable price on ebay, but twin switches are very expensive.

20211114_120544[1].jpg

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    dodgy likes this.
  13. PhilRyder

Looks good :thumbup:

14. dodgy

20211127_053816.jpg
    Morning all.
    Decided not to go to work in a golf at half 5 earlier.

15. PhilRyder

Yuck, great when you are 10..........

16. dodgy

Wasn't even that good, slush underneath, just glad no deliveries so far with the killer steps outside work, would be like that scene in home alone.

Vinnie likes this.
  17. PhilRyder

Make sure the CCTV is on for your £250......

dodgy likes this.
  18. AKAeddypeck Forum Member

[​IMG]

Well I dug this out of the garage and was surprised that it looked like this, I'd clearly forgotten what I had. More square than the mk2 aperture. Not sure if it's any use, I only found one but I know I have the other one somewhere.

dodgy likes this.
  19. dodgy

I've got a 6n2 switch for the sunroof somewhere in the garage that looks about the same size, I'll measure up and see, thank you.
    Currently can't get in the garage as it's snowing quite heavily at the moment,
    Cheers Dave

20. dodgy

Finally got round to getting this done, my mk2 is back on standard width track at the front.
    New driveshafts, new bottom wishbones, and new track rods and ends all fitted today, so now can book it in for tracking next week. Hope to get some more stuff sorted on the new project too, if rain stops again!

20211230_141213.jpg 20211230_144338.jpg

costel1969 and PhilRyder like this.