Dyno specs of standard MK3 16v ABF?

Discussion in '16-valve' started by 444IN, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Factory ABF dyno plots by Toyotecwerke

I thought I would bump this very old thread as there is now further understanding regarding STD ABF 16v plots and their shapes.

Typically plots should look similar to what is seen below.

VW ABF plot vs actual ABF car.

[​IMG]

This plot on the actual car (blue)was also compared to the VW factory published output using the DIN std of measurement and correction (red).

Power Torque Conditions
    VW claims 110kW (150PS) @6000 rpm 180Nm (133 lbft) @4800 rpm. DIN 70020
    Actual 154bhp @ 6300rpm 138lbft@4300 rpm Dyno Dynamics ATMC2 correction used

One reason seen that significantly influences the torque shape, is the fuel mixture calibration at WOT, which can run significantly richer than best torque fuel mixture.
    This characteristic has been seen on other VW engines and maybe associated with with component protection.

[​IMG]

Vehicle acceleration in second gear ties up with dyno torque profile seen below, generated on a correlation vehicle (MK2 Golf 2 w/ABF Digifant 3.2 on 020 g/box) compared to a STD Golf 2 16v (KR)

[​IMG]

More on typical 16v plots here.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2013
  2. Joshyboy New Member

Just going through the history of the mk3 abf donor car i bought last year and i found a dyno print out, as far as i know, its completely standard with no evidence of modifications, the previous owner also assures me nothing had been done to it.
    Graph shows:
    177 bhp at 6650 rpm
    139 lbft at 5750 rpm.
    Am i right in thinking this is massively incorrect, or when it goes into my mk2, is it going to be a riot?

3. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Those peaks and in particular the torque quoted, would not match the peak acceleration rpm of the vehicle. So I would say the reading was probably incorrect.

Dyno Day thread ongoing here. You are more than welcome to join in the discussion :thumbup:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012