EGR Delete advice

Discussion in 'Passat' started by kirstent2004, Sep 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. kirstent2004 New Member

Hi all,
    I am wanting to do an EGR delete. 1.9 tdi 1z engine.
    I have the plates.
    For the inlet - I will use the plate, gasket and a bit of sealant, job done.
    For the exhaust manifold side - I was thinking of adding a smear of something to assist with sealing. I have a metal gasket for it, however what sealant?
    Would exhaust jointing paste be best?
    The outlet on the manifold is quite close to the exhaust port on cylinder 4, ask first and do it right 1st time right.
    Any advice would be gratefully received
    Kirsten

2. kirstent2004 New Member

Has no one done this already ?
    If you did - how did it all seal up - I don't fancy even a small leak so close to an exhaust port.

3. TurboWarrior New Member

Use abit of copper grease to assist with the sealing other than that the gasket should do its job

4. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

On my AHU-engined Mk3 (essentially the same as the Passat 1Z) I just blanked the EGR valve itself usind a small blanking plate, with no gasket or sealant, and all was well.

This leaves the valve and pipework in place, and with it still plugged in there's no fault code generated. Just remove the vacuum pipe and it is disabled.