Engine Refurb + OEM Fuel/Injector Lines

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Coffeemonster82, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Coffeemonster82 New Member

Hi All,

Just a heads up to those mk2 16v owners out there who like me, were/are probably suffering from corroded and rusty injector lines.
    The temptation to go braided is obvious but in an effort to stay as original as possible, for me rigid steel is the only way to go.
    Problem is of course that they're rare as ********. So I got in touch with a great little outfit near Tiverton in Devon called Exeter Engineering and tasked them with refurbing my 143k mile motor with a particular focus on replacing the fuel lines from front all the way back to the tank.
    Alongside a whole bunch of other work they've under the bonnet - the result is really impressive and I have been super happy with their work.
    Picking up the old girl in the next week or so - but for anyone out there who wants to do the same and is struggling to find the parts - David Hodnett at Exeter Engineering has had a few sets of these made up I believe.
    Their workmanship is first class and their attention to detail is impeccable.
    See before and after shots attached:

Attached Files:

Rooster likes this.
  2. A blue mk2 New Member

Looks much tidier, and very original, good job!