Festival Memories

Discussion in 'Music' started by Jagermeister, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Jagermeister

Jagermeister Forum Member

Crashed into the coverage of Reading last night & realised it was 20 years since I was last there in 92.
    The line up was quite good that year:
    [​IMG]

I did manage to catch the fabled entry of Kurt Cobain wheelchaired out on stage in a hospital gown.
    [​IMG]
    Last time they played UK

Missed the Beastie Boys & manics -I was selling programs.
    In there for Public Enemy & Public image

May be I was doing it wrong to have memories(!), but where, when, what & maybe who did you do at a festival?

2. Matt48 Forum Member

I remember standing in a field at Glastonbury in 1986 we were a team from UMIST collecting money for tickets, it was mad, it went like this,' how many in the car? 4 that will be 12 x 4 48 pounds please.' Then we handed all the money into the organisers I must have collected about 1000, it was mental, I remember lisening to England lose to Argentina, saw the cure madness and loads of stuff on the second stage microdisney fuzzbox etc. Back there in 1990 and my rucksac got nicked, not very impressed I think its the only time I had pints of cider for breakfast. I'll have to look up who played then.

Even better was Milton Keynes Bowl: U2 REM Ramones Billy Bragg Spear of Destiny and someone else I don't remember.

Wont bore you with lots of nostalgia including Dead Kennedys Subhumans Clash Undertones and New Model Army etc

3. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

only festivals i've done is download, so my memories are just of sweaty, long haired dudes! lol
    prodigy was immense this year though, hanging with some peeps off their faces on pills, skanking like feck in wellies after trying my first "brownie" :thumbup:
    ozzy osbourne trying to jump and run around on stage was pretty epic as was turning around from the front and seeing a wave of people facing back at you :)
    teaming up with some guys who had attached a piece of string to a used cup, so when the skanks come round to collect them for pennies we could pull it out the way and watch them fall over lol
    laughing at ****ed people passed out everywhere, one guy last year started a mini pile-on with about 20 people on him so people could take pictures, drawing on him, then some lass nicked his sunnies, possibly phone, and his wallet, I had words but she told me to **** off and did one, poor lad!

the darkness after reforming with original line-up, they really can wail! lol

SOAD reforming after their solo stuff, man I was wasted, some dude had bought a load of ciders but lost his mates, so shared them with me :thumbup:

4. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

cider and bacon butties for breakfast, festival win!

5. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

I often reflect on past festivals, gigs and raves, though any memory of the raves is very hazy, always makes me want to go and do it all again and then I remember music is sh*t nowadays and people are even worst.

6. Matt48 Forum Member

looked it up

1986 half man half bisciut level 42 lloyd cole and housemartins

1990 James Jesus Jones Happy Mondays