Fusebox FAQ

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by rubjonny, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Bups01 Forum Member

I did but im sure mine has relay number 72 in slot 2 thats why i asked.[:s]

EDIT - Got ya! You the man! :)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  2. Stilios New Member

Doing AGU swap into Golf mk3 ABF, so am wondering do AGU looms can connect into CE2 fusebox with some splicing on G1/G2 plugs or do I need to swap mk4/a3 fusebox as well to make it work?
    I would rather keep my cluster and all the OEM wiring.

3. beetie

beetie Forum Member

4. Stilios New Member

That guide is very helpfull, but it seems I'm missing something...where was the 2nd loom from ECU disapered?
    Thing is with AGU I have 2 looms, I've had them later on so I wasn't been able to label them before it was taken from the engine:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ...I labeld what was seem to logical to me, but everthing else I simply don't know what is for...any help with that would be much appreciated so I could eliminate things I don't need...

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

top pic is the one that needs to be spliced to the fusebox, this is all covered in the link above. the 2nd loom is the main section, this doesnt need to be modified if you splice the 10 or 14pin plug onto the main loom section as per the link above. as for what plugs do what when you drop the loom into place it'll be obvious what plugs in where, concentrate on getting the car running first then worry about deleting things.

6. Stilios New Member

Thank you johnny, you've been very helpful with this:thumbup:
    You are right, I'm trying to create my loom before anything is connected to the engine, maybe my approach to solving this wiring problematic is wrong, can't see the forest for the trees...something like that I suppose :)

7. Lefteris MK2 New Member

Hello, is the US spec 1992 mk2 golf gti 16v fusebox the same as the 1990 + euro spec one?
    Because am trying to change the US instruments with a German ones (both one pin) and they don't work correct, rpm gauge did not work, LED warning lights work in deferent order, trip computer did not work etc, any help will be great.
    Thank you
    Lefteris

8. beetie

beetie Forum Member

If you can work out what pins are what in the plug you could De-pin the plug and put them back into the right place for the new Speedo unit. Leaving the wiring at the fukebox end.

9. Lefteris MK2 New Member

From the original post I know what goes where on the 2 fusebox blue connectors , if I only new what goes where on the cluster connector...
    Thank you
    Lefteris

10. rubjonny

the fusebox itself is the same yes, I'd be surprised if the clock pinouts differ? check my sig for the US spec wiring diagram golf91.pdf check the pins and colours match what you have on yours

11. mk1agutoo New Member

1977 mk1 ce1 or ce2 conversion loom

Hi I have a 1977 gls golf with standard dash that I am currently fitting a agu in does anyone build a ce1 or ce2 conversion loom or is their a blade type fusebox that will plug into a standard 1977 gls loom ????

12. rubjonny

your isnt ce1 or ce2, you have the older ceramic fusebox. I always recommend to replace the fusebox with a later one as the ceramic fb doesnt really have any feeds at all which makes things difficult. plus by now the old loom will be way past its best so a good excuse to sort it all out.

you could run the ecu and fuel relays separate to the fusebox if you like, theres an ebay seller vagtronics who does it this way you then just jump a couple pins to the old engine loom for dash temp and revo etc.

I do make conversion looms but I'm very busy at the moment and booked up till late next year, barry venn on facebook can do them as can andyout on here

13. Aidanmk2 New Member

Hi know this was a will back but I have put a abf in to my my 1991 1.3 Ryder but can't get it to start my injectors aren't working I think it could be to do with the emobiliser is there a way of by passing this if its not that I thi I have made a mistake in my loom

14. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

What fuel pump set-up have you put in?

15. Aidanmk2 New Member

Just the pump that came from the donor car (seat Ibiza) would they fail to work if they weren't getting the right pressure?

16. Aidanmk2 New Member

Just the pump that came from the donor car (seat Ibiza) would they fail to work if they weren't getting the right pressure?

17. rubjonny

is the pump priming? if it is the injectors should be getting power also. Have you forgotten the fuel pump powert wire to Z/1? often missed ;) its a medium gauge red wire with a fat yellow plug housing on it

18. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

How do I work out which 12v feeds are switched by the ignition, but not switched off when cranking the engine?

I need a feed for my AFR and EGT modules.

19. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Fuel pump feed ?

20. rubjonny

what fusebox is it, ce1 or ce2? coil live are on with ignition and cranking and x-over only live ign not cranking if it helps