Golf 4 1.6 16v with polo 6n2 gti 1.6 16v head?

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Knezev, May 8, 2021.

1. Knezev New Member

Hello everyone!
    I have a golf 4 1.6 16v (AUS) and am planning a vr6 swap in future, but I still don't have the money for it.
    So I read somewhere that you can swap a polo 6n2 gti 1.6 16v cams, injectors, and use its ecu to gain ~20hp.
    So untill I get the money for vr6 I thought this could keep me busy.
    I already have BMC CDA intake and catless exhaust with just resonator.
    The problem is the polo engine uses vvt and golf one does not but this should not be a problem as long as I use polo ecu and whole polo head, right?
    Also if this is true, can I use Golf intake and exhaust manifolds or do I need polo ones. And is there anything else I can swap from polo (maybe golf manifolds can fit a polo head, but polo manifolds are better... stuff lile that) This polo model is getting old and I think I can get the parts for cheap.
    With polo head, bmc intake, catless exhaust and ecu remap on the end, maybe I can pull ~30hp.

If there is a thread with this topic, I am sorry for making a new one and can you please link it.

Thanks!

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Knezev likes this.