Golf GTI MK2 20V UP THE REDS!

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by fasteddie, Feb 13, 2014.

1. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

So wife goes out :)
    Next up Parcel Force :thumbup:

Mine is cracked I think ;) ...near sure its well done :thumbd: Needed a new one love and it was cheap love [:*:]

Wanted one of these for long enough [:D]
    and it had to be the JBS [:*:] one as I hate chinese rip offs.
    Of other peoples hard work ...Scumbags .... Design your own manifold ya tramps [:x]

Taken from JBS Site... you get what u pay for ;)
    Somehow I don't think the China copy folds will be made aswell or from the same stuff.

The most important part of the JBS OEM Upgrade Kit is the exhaust manifold. JBS has spent enormous effort, time and resources developing the turbo manifold. The exhaust manifold has been designed in the best CAD packages availiable, for 3-D modeling and CFD analysis. By performing a computational fluid dynamics analysis, we were able to study exhaust flow, pressure drops, and fluid flow through the exhaust manifold. Multiple computer simulations were done to prove the design before we even had a physical manifold in our hand.

Once the manifolds have fully passed the computer simulations we had the cast exhaust manifold CAD model transferred to a SLS rapid prototyping machine. A nylon resin exhaust manifold was cast from the prototyping machine. With this plastic manifold we were able to mock everything up in the test vehicle before proceeding to the next process.

JBS has chosen to cast its manifolds in a very high quality foundry which is used by many OEM turbo suppliers and OEM vehicle manufacturers to ensure the castings are of the highest quality.

Also to reflect the high quality casting; JBS has spent a great deal of time researching the latest high temperature resistant casting materials.

JBS Developments found a newly developed heat-resisting cast steel specifically directed at the automotive engine's exhaust systems.

The new steel, is an austenite cast steel having the chemical composition of 20%Cr-10%Ni-3%W-2%Nb was found to have the higher strength over 600C compared to cast irons and exhibited the highest oxidation resistance at 900C. Additionally, it was found to have a higher thermal fatigue strength than Niresist D5S of an austenite cast iron structure.

Due to the excellent properties at such elevated temperatures typical for exhaust gases, this developed cast steel grade is ideal for exhaust manifold and turbine housings.

[​IMG]

Tis unported which is fine with standard turbo, But I will be taking to our machine shop [!]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  2. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Just need a track s lag system now to get the full 150bhp from her [!]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  3. Mk2 20vT New Member

Very nice!

fasteddie likes this.
  4. sports racer Forum Member

Loving this.

I can picture you, slaving over a hot exhaust system, flower arranging tools in one hand and Earl Grey (in an antique Wedgewood cup) in the other while you try to work out how to undo the manifold bolts. :clap:

Just remember, anticlockwise to undo, clockwise to tighten up.

No need to thank me, just helping out where I can.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    fasteddie likes this.
  5. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Cups are denby ;)

sports racer likes this.
  6. sports racer Forum Member

Well excuse me .......................

Why are you going to G60 springs?

I don't know how good the roads are around you but here in Oz the country roads are pretty good but can have a few rough bits. The best suspension setup on my MK2 for these roads was standard shocks with Sachs lowered sports springs. I tried coilovers (too stiff but great through the corners) and Sachs shocks and springs (much better on country roads, still cornered great but the kids complained about it being too rough).

Most aftermarket shocks are hard to compress compared to standard shocks which compress easy but are hard on the rebound. This means when you hit a bump the standard shock doesn't transmit as much of the bump into the chassis as a stiff shock.

It's the springs that control body roll (which contributes to good handling), together with nice thick sway bars. If ever you've got some free time put some decent springs on standard shocks and see how well the car drives. Bet you don't go back.

Cheers

Paul

fasteddie likes this.
  7. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

My car runs Koni T/a's which compress easy but the rebound is adjustable front & rear :thumbup:
    Also has the thick sway bars and a Diff.
    Sachs lowered sports springs and G60 Golf springs are much the same thing ;)
    and I have 20mm height adjustment on the rear spring platform also lower front top plates.
    The rear Eibach's in her are softer that factory ones and fronts are ok ..G60 ones stiffer.
    I feel having drove a fair few set up's in the past the G60 springs could be a better job :)
    Some of the great back roads over here suit the set up I'm going to.
    stiffer springs with standard shocks will over work the shock as it tries to control oscillation.
    Hence I run the koni's so I can match the shock to the spring set up :thumbup:

sports racer likes this.
  8. sports racer Forum Member

Good. Sounds like you know what you're talking about.

Makes a refreshing change to the number of builds I see where they put in coilovers and think that's the best setup.

fasteddie likes this.
  9. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Changed the rear black VW badge to a Chrome one [8D]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as it was ..
    [​IMG]

Savagesam and beetie like this.
  10. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Looks much better!

What suspension are you running out of interest?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  11. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Top adjustable front and rear Koni's with eibach roll bars, Eibach 16v/tdi springs.
    Bonrath mk2 top mounts.

12. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

After getting the K04 JBS Manifold I was after for some time, I needed the proper bolts for it [:-B]
    Quick call to Richard at JBS don't have them mate .... :(
    but not a problem will get you sorted mate :thumbup: (Must be a red dub owner)
    was a bit cheeky and asked for a spare set also and look what turned up today[:*:]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also Spoke to the Guys at trackS lag 3" system very soon [:D]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  13. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Still more to do [!][!][:D][:*:]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. notenoughtime

notenoughtime Moderator Moderator

I still need a black VW badge! :thumbup:

15. sports racer Forum Member

When are you going to wash it?

fasteddie likes this.
  16. RyanGolf Forum Member

might have to get myself a set of those brembo's :thumbup:

17. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

I had/still have my G60 set up with volkswagen 280 plain discs (no need for holes or groves) and DS3000 pads
    this is an excellent set up, so much so I didn't think the brembos would top them by much ..I bought them for the look [:@)]
    But they are a good bit better in terms of feel and brake control, love them :thumbup:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  18. RyanGolf Forum Member

I'd just want them for looks too hah :)

19. sports racer Forum Member

I had to go back 2 pages to find a picture of this hairdresser's car with the Brembos. That's 3 minutes of my life I'll never get back. :cry:

At least Brembos painted red actually look good.

fasteddie likes this.
  20. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Love you long time [%]

sports racer likes this.