GOLF MK2 20VT CONVERSION AUM FUEL PUMP RELAY HELP

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Golf mk9, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Golf mk9 Paid Member Paid Member

Hello hope someone can help doing a mk2 ce2 1.8t aum swap std managment ,done a couple before that started first turn of the key so was kinda expecting this too lol but sadly it turns over but isnt starting i couldnt hear the fuel pump priming , so tried changing relay ( 167) then used the 18 relay to bridge ( thanks rbj) and fired up right away . But will not start with the 167 relay anyone any ideas what could be causing this ( the immob is defeated) what does the 18 relay bypass??

2. Rooster

Rooster Paid Member Paid Member

I’ve just been having a similar issue but on an ABF working with Omex 600. The 67 relay needs a signal from the ECU to prime and then run continuous once cranking. It’d be worth checking you’re getting the ECU signal to the blue and yellow wire in the back of your fuse box. The 18 connects it all permanently so doesn’t need the ECU signal

3. Golf mk9 Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks for the reply , yeah i will check that but i think i may have missed something as accelarator pedal isnt working either ,i havent wired diagnostic port i will do that Monday and go over the wiring again and check the ECU signal wire

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

try the 409 relay Andy had an issue with his conversion where it would only work with the 409. not a common issue that ives seen however.

what fusebox is it? its the ecu purple/white to D/13 ce1 or G1/3 ce2 you're looking at for ecu trigger, to test fusebox pop the 167 back in, switch ignition on, earth the above pin and fuel pump should run

5. Golf mk9 Paid Member Paid Member

Fusebox is ce2 and wired too g1/3( and pretty sure fusebox itself is good as out a running car and latest ce2 car i had,2002 Caddy still has all it original fuses and no sign of heat or water damage) i will try the 409 relay .
    Ive not wired in the clutch and brake switch but i wouldn't imagine they cause any issues with fuel pump relay but i will wire them in today along with diagnostic port. Cheers and thank for help

6. rubjonny

ok so with ignition on pop an earth into g1/3, if pump runs then you know its a problem with the ecu trigger or ecu isnt powering up properly

7. Golf mk9 Paid Member Paid Member

The ecu signal wire was in g1/4 instead of g1/3 doh ,starts fine now . But the accelarator pedal is still not responding , only codes are ones youd expect with a conversion . Im going to go over wiring again today and hopefully find the issue

8. Golf mk9 Paid Member Paid Member

Can anyone confirm the T14A pins 5 6 8 are all live feeds i have them all fused to Z1 is that an issue should they be all wired to different pins , ive still no accelarator pedal,starts and idles fine ,only unusual code is 16621 ( ive swap map sensor) i only have down pipe fitted no exhaust

9. rubjonny

yes thats right, ideally give t14a/6 fused feed as it does n75 which is prone to dmage from exhaust. the t14a/8 is only used on AGU for coilpacks, if thats what you got then make sure thats fused also.

could be the ecu has popped, check ecu pin 121 has power also with ignition on

10. Golf mk9 Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks for the quick reply its an AUM i have t14a pin 5 pin 6 and pin 8 wired into Z1 with a single fuse ,should the pin 8 purple and black only be wired on AGU

11. Golf mk9 Paid Member Paid Member

I have an ECU coming tomorrow to try too

12. Golf mk9 Paid Member Paid Member

I checked pin 121 is live at harness with ignition on thanks again for your time

13. rubjonny

yeah so 5 and 6 can be from same fuse no problem there, pin 8 is unused on most drive by wire ECU but there are a couple which use it those dont have the 428 ecu/coilpack relay and obv you'll see a wire in position 8 on the sensor side of the harness for it. if you have the relay and the big 2 pin plug on the sensor side then you wont need anything to pin 8.

14. Golf mk9 Paid Member Paid Member

Yeah your right no pin in other plug remove it, ordered an ECU but lost in Wales somewhere .
    There is a brown wire with red tracer on the 2nd loom( bigger ecu plug) im sure it earth in scuttle on mk4 can anyone confirm that and if needed

15. rubjonny

yes thats the main ecu earth, put it to a good clean chassis point or extend to battery

16. Golf mk9 Paid Member Paid Member

Yeah i had it on the battery but just clutching at straws now , hopefully postman will find and deliver ECU so i can rule that out now. Thank again for your time

17. Golf mk9 Paid Member Paid Member

Got my new unlocked ECU and still same no accelarator pedal , ive went over everything all seems right ,only thing im bit unsure of is the ignition switch, vaguely remember having to change a pin on one several years ago , i appeared to have a 5pin switch but loom is 6pin( i converted to ce2 and used bunch different looms) ive tried 6pin ignition switch with no difference, does anyone know if there a pin/wire that needs moving ( may have been mk3 or Corrado ignition loom) ??

18. rubjonny

ignition loom doesnt need messing with, the extra wire is probably pin SU for radio which was only fitted to runout mk2 91-92, then mk3/corrado/passat etc all got it after that

19. Golf mk9 Paid Member Paid Member

Okay thanks
    I am getting 16621 code which i assumed was due to no exhaust ( just 2.5in downpipe, waiting on system coming)if i clear it and rescan before starting the engine it still there so im guessing this is the issue

20. Golf mk9 Paid Member Paid Member

And i did try changing the throttlebody and the map sensor aswell as n75