Golf MK2 3.2 SWAP HELP!

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by Konektor331, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Konektor331 New Member

Golf MK2 3.2 SWAP HELP!
    I Build Golf MK2 CE2 Audi A3 BDB 2004 3.2 Engine instal

The Problem is wiring diagram CE2 A3 BDB engine, and RPM and SPEED signal problem.
    I am interested in all technical information!!!
    wiring descriptions!!

Please HELP

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

3. Konektor331 New Member

thank you very much.

simpler solution is there no signal converter just these tools?

Golf MK2 Digifiz installed in the vehicle is MK2 4 Cilynder cluster CAN converter module necessary then ?

:)

4. rubjonny

5. Konektor331 New Member

Thanks [l]:)

I wrote to them about the adapter.
    BDB CE2 wiring description is not accidental?
    I haven't found a full description yet reading the forums, only partial ones on this kind of engine.

6. rubjonny

No-one has written a full guide as of yet, I have made a couple of looms in the past so did have plans to write something up just not got round to it yet.

7. Konektor331 New Member

And if I do the cabling as if it were 1.8T?
    physically the mucus does not contain the necessary electronics?

8. rubjonny

yep exactly that, I've tried adding wires to the equivalent MK4 R32 ECU pins but the internal logic inst there so nothing works

9. Konektor331 New Member

Okey :cry: thank you very much the many information [l][8D]

10. daffe New Member

Hy,
    All me7 3,2l 24v ECU have the rpm pin, as if sometimes the pin is not used. You need to check mk4 bfh wiring diagram to see rpm pin number, this is the same pin on your bdb/bub ecu. You don't have this pin used on your ecu because rpm signal is available on CANBUS, WHAT you have to do is simply wired rpm pin to your cluster. It perfectly match

11. rubjonny

I've tried this on several ecu and it didnt work, but its worth a try I suppose

12. daffe New Member

[QUOTE = "rubjonny, post: 2486758, membre: 735"] J'ai essayé cela sur plusieurs calculateurs et cela n'a pas fonctionné, mais ça vaut le coup d'essayer, je suppose [/ QUOTE]

Hello what have you tried?

13. rubjonny

I've done a few MK5 R32 swaps in the past, I added the rpm and vss pins as per mk4 diagrams in the hope they were active but neither worked

14. daffe New Member

[QUOTE = "rubjonny, post: 2486760, member: 735"] J'ai fait quelques swaps MK5 R32 dans le passé, j'ai ajouté les broches rpm et vss selon les diagrammes mk4 dans l'espoir qu'ils étaient actifs mais mais ne fonctionnaient pas [/ CITATION]
    Il est tout à fait normal que cela ne corresponde pas car vss est édité en abs écu et lu par ECU via CANBUS.
    Mais le signal RPm est disponible en écu, il peut générer ce capteur de vitesse du moteur de lecture du signal sur le bloc près du filtre à huile.
    C'est pourquoi même je préfère le moteur Mk1 r32 car il a moins de problèmes de vibrations et de câblage électrique.
    Un simple fil dépendant de la bonne broche (tr / min) à cluster doit parfaitement correspondre.
    Pour vss, c'est plus difficile, l'écu et cluster ne sont pas des générateurs vss.
    Pour cela, vous devez utiliser un convertisseur CAN avec une boîte de vitesses avec un capteur de vitesse électrique (injecteur de signal) comme vous l'avez mentionné plus tôt, et utilisez un autre convertisseur CANBUS (lecteur de signal) placé entre le bus de canettes et le cluster mk3 / mk4, si le 1er convertisseur ne dispose pas de sorties analogiques, puis Vous devez adapter le facteur de vitesse approprié en écu aux vv linéarisés avec vos pneus hauts.
    Je n'ai jamais vu une autre solution concernant ces problèmes de lecture rpm / vss.

Prochain si quelqu'un vous demande une conversion de moteur r32, dites-lui:
    Mk1 r32 est meilleur, moins difficile à adapter électroniquement dans un mk2 mais plus cher.
    Le moteur Mk2 est moins cher mais électriquement plus complexe que Mk1 et tourne moins librement comme Mk1.
    Lorsque la conversion du moteur mk2 est terminée, vous devez utiliser une passerelle (lecture dtc possible sans mais pas de lecture / écriture flash), 2 convertisseurs canbus et, l'ecu ne voit pas l'œil temp (réduire les moments vvt et la plage opérationnelle)
    Le MK1 R32 avec cluster est le combo parfait

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  15. rubjonny

you dont need a speed sensor in the gearbox to get the VSS, you can get a speed output from MK1, MK2 and MK3 clusters to feed one of the 2 adaptors I posted above. these adaptors can get the rev counter signal out of the ECU CAN-BUS as well as inject the VSS signal back into the CAN-BUS :)

To get the VSS signal from MK1 or MK2 you need GTI clocks as they have the speed sensor on the back, but some non-GTI clocks can have this sensor added on check the blue foil to see if the circuits for speed sensor are present. For MK1 you tap into pin 6 of the 6 pin plug on the back of the clocks, MK2 CE1 has a wire on the black plug T7c short side pin 2, and on the CE2 mk2 its W/1 on the fusebox. MK3 clusters all output the speed signal to W/1.

depending on age/model this wire is there from the factory as the cluster output signal is used for cruise control, speed sensitive volume control on AKTIV stereo as standard on MK1/2. for mk1 chassis you almost always will have to add the wire, but on late cabrio and scirocco this wire is factory fitted and fed to the radio plug even on non-GTI models it'll be yellow/white if so. MK2 golf the wire is usually there, same as mk1 golf look for yellow/white wire either at the radio, or hanging out the back of W/1. MK3 golf the wire is always there on w/1, blue/white and it runs up to a blue jumper block above the fusebox

daffe likes this.
  16. rubjonny

even if your cluster doesnt have the circuitry for the speed sensor you can still add it to the speedometer and wire to it direct, just needs ignition live, earth ans signal out :)

daffe likes this.
  17. daffe New Member

Some generous informations
    Question how mk1/mk2 can generate a vss without reading gear ratio and final drive?

18. rubjonny

the speed sensor on the cluster reads a trigger wheel attached to the inside of the speedometer, so it sees the same vehicle speed the speedometer itself sees :)

the speedometer cable picks up from the same place the MK3/4 speedometer sensor does so the output is the same, relative to tyre size etc. this does mean the speed seen by the ecu would be slightly different in a mk1/2/3 than it would in a mk4 due to the smaller tyre diameter, though I think its possible the output from the MK4 cluster is actually corrected back to around 6000 pulses per mile same as what a mk1/2/3 golf speedometer sender outputs with stock tyre sizes?

on a related note I have compared the vehicle speed measuring block on my MK4 golf central locking module installed in my MK2 Golf vs the road speed shown on the cluster and they were pretty close, so either way it seems the mk1/2/3 and mk4 speed signals are close enough anyway

19. daffe New Member

Good job, thanks a lot.
    Also they need to solve oil temperature signal in ecu and the conversion will be complete

20. Konektor331 New Member