Golf Mk2 parts.

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by Michael Rolfe, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Michael Rolfe New Member

Hej to everyone out there!
    This comes from an old fart who misses his Mk2 GTI dreadfully. Sold in 2015 after 23 years ownership and a documented spend in excess of £43K. I have tried to locate whether the car is still on the road. DVLC shows it has been on a SORN for last 2 - 3 years. After removing my private plate it reverted to its original plate of E530 YWL. A 5 Door Mk2 8v in Alpine White, it had a Jetta headlight conversion.
    Circumstances at the time and a new family forced the sale. If anyone has seen the vehicle or knows of its whereabouts or demise I would be very pleased to hear from them.
    Currently vehicle less following an accident last November and subsequent surgery to my shoulder has given me time to think about the next car without making a rushed decision.
    Also, and more to the point. I still have some Mk2 Golf parts if anyone is interested? In particular, I have a pair of genuine VAG Roof bars for the Mk2 Golf. These are in excellent condition. There are other things which might be of interest. If anyone opens up a line of communication I can have a good look round and give you a list.
    I dont suppose these days anyone would remember me, generations move on and vehicles change. My old Club GTI membership number was 2036. My car, with my Danish connections, had the name 'Den hvide Ulv' - The White Wolf. I did a load of the shows, both here and abroad, both as a fanatic and a photo journalist, doing articles for both Golf Xtreme and The Golf magazines. Very happy days and I was privileged to meet an awful lot of nice people!
    If any of you know of old friends and fellow GTI members, Gav Walsh, Steve Whitford or Dave Gaskell please pass on my kindest regards and I would love to hear from them.
    To you all out there, stay healthy and enjoy your VW's!
    Stay healthy!
    Mick Rolfe 07801075007 ( now in Dorset, just outside Dorchester)

2. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

Hello & Welcome Michael

3. Michael Rolfe New Member

Thank you for your welcome! Much appreciated!
    Tried searching the names of old mates in Club GTI without success. Probably like me, now considered vintage! Steve Whitford used to be Cornwall based. Dave Gaskell and Gav Walsh, both top helicopter technicians in Royal Navy were both Doncaster boys. We all knew each other when we were all in Cornwall and members of the Cornwall branch of Club GTI.
    So many happy memories.....

4. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

I was a member back in the mid-nineties for 5-6 years then fell off the wagon for a while and rejoined back in 2008/09.
    I was Ireland based (Canada now) so didn't meet any of the UK members in person (still haven't)

Michael Rolfe likes this.
  5. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

Hi!!

6. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Hi also from one of the older members. I'm sure we'd all love to see your list of parts!

7. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Welcome back!

Get some old school club GTi pictures up!

And I’m sure we’ll be interested in at least something off your parts list

8. valvemiester

valvemiester Paid Member Paid Member

Welcome, I hope you can post some pictures up of back in the day and that parts list, I remember buying the Golfxtreme and The Golf mags.

9. Michael Rolfe New Member

Hej Everyone.
    Yes, it is my intention to get some photos submitted and to include a list of of what parts I can muster. Please bear with me.
    The two items that immediately come to mind are these:
    1. A pair of original VAG Roof Bars for the Mk 2 Golf. They are in excellent condition, used only a couple of times. They've resided for the last 12 years across the roof joists in my loft!

2. My dear Golf was used daily when I had it. I made numerous modifications and took great pride in the engine bay prep. For this purpose I ordered a billet alloy Optima Red Top battery holder from the US. Its a beautiful piece of kit and has never been fitted.
    I will, of course, post some photos of both the Roof Bars and the Alloy Battery Tray.
    I will also see what other parts I can locate from storage in my loft and my Father in law's garage.

I will do this as quickly as possible, together with photos and articles that I have.

I speak weekly with my best friend home in Denmark. His name is John Madsen. He was a leading light in the VW scene over there. He was the Secretary and Chairman at different times of Club Golf Danmark and produced Golf Strommen, the Danish equivalent of Rabbit Magazine. (Incidentally, Club Golf Danmark still produces this as a hard copy magazine to all members!) John attended GTI International with me on many occasions. He was most famous for his Mk2 16v VW Motorsport G60. John and I always discuss VW's. With parts becoming more and more difficult to obtain, John told me of a German VW Heritage site that, in conjunction with VW, bought up a lot of the parts from the older series. I will try and get some more specifics, telephone and email etc for anyone that is interested?
    In the meantime I wish good health to all of you. Will keep you posted.

10. Michael Rolfe New Member

Just spoken to John Madsen in Danmark.
    If anyone is interested his Mk2 16v G60 has its own Web page. Photos might be of interest. Some of you may remember the car from GTI International at the TRL site and later at Woodbridge in Suffolk. I apologise that the text is in Danish.
    www.16v-g60.dk

11. Michael Rolfe New Member

Sorry! Stupid arse! Missed the most important information!

www.16v-g60.dk

12. Michael Rolfe New Member

Just got the email address from John Madsen, Club Golf Denmark. This is the German Company linked to VW as I previously posted. Apologies to all if I'm giving you something you already knew!

www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de