Golf mk3 Audi TT 256mm rear vented discs-- Creations Motorsport bracket

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by boostedgolf, Oct 14, 2020.

1. boostedgolf Forum Member

As per title,
    Maybe someone used these adaptor plates for this conversion, where is the small spacer plate suppose to be installed? as the carriers/ calipers line up with the disc without this spacer. Or is it to be bolted as a reinforcement from one retaining bolt to another?

IMG_20201012_193648.jpg

https://creationsmotorsport.com/car...9-rear-brake-upgrade-adapters-kit-br0040.html

[​IMG]

Been waiting for a reply from them for two days, they seem to be slow on replying to messages.

2. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Thought they were spacers, for offset difference with 4wd carriers or discs?
    I made my rear plates from a polo 9n rear beam and the 256 vented bolted straight on, no packet, but were leon cupra r ones so 2wd.
    Are your bolts longer than original ones, as in enough for spacer? Or closer to disc?
    Sure read ages ago spacer needed for fitting 225 TT discs on mk4 so must be an offset thing.

3. boostedgolf Forum Member

The guy I bought it them off said they where fitted on a Bora and originally off a TT.

The bolts are not original, they are replacement 10.9 tensile bolts cut as necessary. there is no room for the 5mm spacer plate as the caliper will then be off centered and carrier will hit the disc.

I used the following:
    6R0 501117 stub axle
    6Q0598611 wheel hub
    Polo 2003

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

if it all fits no need to worry, probably for other type of disc

5. Louis_Cleaver Paid Member Paid Member

I have also purchased this kit, and i appreciate my response is late, apparently its incase your callipers are from a 4WD car.

has your car got ABS ? did you have to install the old Reluctor style ABS ring over the top on the Hub ?

6. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Mine is non ABS, but I think you can get adaptor sleeve to fit reluctor ring, epytec possibly?

Louis_Cleaver likes this.
  7. Louis_Cleaver Paid Member Paid Member

Brilliant! I have ordered some from epytec.
    However have attempted to place my stubs and axles together...
    Off the car and they don’t appear to slot.
    I’ve just noticed my part number on the boxes are a tad different though..
    6Q0501117 & 6Q0501611 - From what I can find online they should be identical to yours just different listed as different brands.

So I guess I won’t be installing mine this weekend,