gutted! crashed my mk3 tdi

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by ktuludays, Oct 26, 2010.

1. ktuludays

ktuludays Forum Member

Was driving to work this afternoon in my tdi daily, was following a couple of cars at 50 mph on a17 in lincolnshire, it's a **** road if you don't know it. it was also raining.

car in front of me braked really hard for no apparent reason, i followed suit only for wheels to lock, I had two options in the split second that followed, hit the guy in front or swerve on to grass to avoid him.

I opted for the latter only to discover why he had braked hard, the guy in front of him had started to turn into a lay by by this point i was committed and unfortunately the inevitable happened. i hit his back n/s corner as he made the turn.

his car was virtually unscathed. my car faired less well.

what really ****ed me off was that nobody stopped other than me and the other car obviously.

a few pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

every cloud though cos it looks like it will be a write off and it means i will have to get my mk2 gti back on the road.

2. m1keh Forum Member

Write off? Bonnet, wing, headlight and grill from a scrappy would sort that one out for not very much.

3. ktuludays

ktuludays Forum Member

i know that but the insurance will prob write it off due to cost

4. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

where was that, near swineshead?

5. ktuludays

ktuludays Forum Member

it was a few miles from swinehead, just after the bicker roundabout heading east.

had another look at it this morning and it def needs, n/s wing, bonnet, headlight , grille, slam panel and the part where battery tray is is damaged. the last bit may be it's killer.

6. ktuludays

ktuludays Forum Member

bodyshop picked it up this morning and the guy reckoned it would be a write off due to cost of repairs outweighing cost of car.

oh well............8v torque here i come.