Hairy's Golf to Bora 2 out of 1

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by marky80Y, Apr 9, 2017.

1. marky80Y Forum Member

Currently under reconstruction due to photobucket.....Please wait ;)

Hi peeps, back again. Before I had the "Hello from Essex" thread that I posted in with the MK4 in my signature and now I'm back to start a new thread on a different likely long term venture.

Recently a good friend has had the need to clear his mothers garage as she is due to move imminently, I have cleared said garage !!

IMG_3159.jpg

This photo was taken immediately after opening the doors on her for the first time.
    I knew this gem was in here but after so long I wasn't sure just what it would be like, it's last tax expired in 2011 and although it was garaged, had full service history and had generally been well cared for, who knows what's been happening with her all this time.

IMG_3164.jpg
    IMG_3170.jpg

Time to get it out of the garage, get it running, clean it up at mates house with his karcher quickly and transport it back to mine.

Aaaaaand finally home, needed a tyre inflating, the battery swapping from mine, fuel pump from mine and on 3 cylinders she was running. Couldn't really get a good look at her in the dark but the interior was mouldy slightly sadly. Granted I've noticed more niggles with her but it didn't look too bad I thought as I went in for the night.

IMG_3173.jpg
    IMG_3172.jpg

Had to give it another bath straight away as was still pretty manky tbf, outside I'm happy with. Inside is going to take a load of work but good that I have a donor for some parts and a lot of patience with the rest.

IMG_3285.jpg

I'll be doing this again in my car park with blood sweat and no doubt tears, I have some uprated parts I'll be adding along with the majority of my running gear from the Golf and of course my 1.8T AGU which I absolutely love !!

I'm not a mechanic so it's gonna take some time, I'll have help but not from a garage hopefully until I need alignment and tyre changing doing, that should be it.

Engine hoist arrives tomorrow hopefully.

So far I have stripped the 2.Slow bay in the bora down to the engine being held in on its mounts and only the drive shafts, lambda sensors, exhaust and ac to deal with when it goes up in the air.

I have left my Golf running in case I need to use it and cleaned them both up. I look at my Golf clean and shining and I feel sad to be pulling her apart, she's taken myself and my family on many holidays and kids home from being born and that but the Bora is just that bit tidier externally than the Golf and I know it will suit my family better having more doors, still as I look at her I can't help but feel bad :(

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Is the bora a 2.0 8v or a 1.8T already?

3. Gup16v Forum Member

curious to know what your on running your stage 1 ko3s set at 24 psi? Impressive its holding that much for a Chinese copy!

4. marky80Y Forum Member

Hi there :) The Bora = 2.0 8v and my Golf = 1.8T. I know I'm making nothing uber special here, I have a good engine and was pretty much gifted the Bora with a nice body. Updates to follow imminently, been a busy boy !!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  5. marky80Y Forum Member

Hey there fella, I have no idea of the BHP output currently as the map I'm on was flashed on by a reputable tuner for me when I upgraded from the K03 to K03-052. Been driving it over a year now with some rather spirited runs and have had no issues at all. I had planned to use a toyo sports fmic kit but sold it to invest in the Bora. I'll need to buy one again but I'll go a little larger as the pipe work wasn't the best diameter, also going to find a 3" cat back system before I go for proper stage 2 live tuning.

6. marky80Y Forum Member

[​IMG]

My good friend Sparky delivering the engine hoist, even built it for me while I start prepping both cars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2.0 8v extracted and up for sale.

[​IMG]

End of play on the 1st day.

[​IMG]

Next morning I set about cleaning up the bay ready for my 1.8T

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quietly awaiting her demise.

[​IMG]

Finished cleaning @3hrs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The beginning of the end for my MK4

[​IMG]

Photo bucket has more currently uploading :)

7. marky80Y Forum Member

Hi peeps, quite a lot has happened but have been flat out in one way or another and my iPhone was too full to even upload the masses of photos to photobucket so have changed to google drive. Hopefully this will now work better. Right so as it stands I'm about 5 days in on my build and it's all been going pretty well I think. When I last posted the 2.0 had been removed for sale along with the 2.0 loom - a couple of plugs here and there. Next I set about removing the pipework and disconnecting the wiring loom, driveshafts, gear linkage, subframe, suspension etc from my golf and preparing it all for re install. I had a TT quick rack waiting to go on so I installed this now too. I have TT forged arms to go on but need to save up for poly bushes for the whole car, I had already replaced all of the bushes and mounts on my mk4 within the last 6k miles but never really intended to go quite this far. I also had TT 225 312mm disks, pads and calipers waiting so did these too. Will add some photos now, I've done more than I have photos of so hopefully have lots more to show soon too. Nothing expensive here, total costs so far have been for 1ltr of brake fluid.

8. marky80Y Forum Member

IMG_3488.jpg IMG_3523.jpg

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  9. marky80Y Forum Member

10. marky80Y Forum Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. marky80Y Forum Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. marky80Y Forum Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

Did you have to swap the clocks?

Was the wiring easy enough?

14. marky80Y Forum Member

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  15. marky80Y Forum Member

[​IMG]

Picture of 10 way plug needing to fit to ten way down near the battery area.

[​IMG]

10 way removed from old 2.0 loom and soldered in, managed to hide the connector inside the plastic cover.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In place ready to cover and covered !!

[​IMG]