Halfrauds socket sets

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment & Fasteners' started by voteforpedro, Sep 3, 2007.

1. voteforpedro Forum Member

Does anybody know if the Halfrauds Professional set priced at 29.99 uses the same bits as the 149.99 set (albeit, obviously, it has a lot fewer sockets etc)? Reason being because I've used the 150 set and it's very good so I might want to buy the cheaper one until I can afford a better one.

I bought one from Argos for 29.99 and I snapped a socket and broke the ratchet mechanism on the first day. :clap:

2. c_a_r_t_e_r Forum Member

They had the 150 Professional set for sale for 99 in my local Halfords - I'd try and find the extra 70 and go straight for the big one if I was you.

Annoyingly I bought the slightly smaller set for 99 just weeks before they reduced the price of the biggest one.. Doh!

3. Supercharged Forum Member

If you know someone with a trade card you can get the 150 PCE set for 68 (when it's reduced to 99)

Yeah - as long as it's 'professional' they are the same quality - I actually prefer the ratchets to Snap-On and the warranty is better too!

The other one to look out for is the one with ratchet spanners that is usually 79, they reduce this to 49 fairly reguarly...

4. gti8v Forum Member

got halfords stuff for my son, he's a mechanic and hasn't broke any yet...nearly 9 months

5. The db

The db Forum Junkie

good tools

6. Mike_H Forum Addict

I've got a few odd Halfrauds sockets, and they seem strong enough, but I'd say they don't fit to the fasteners as well as better brands like Teng/Facom/Britool.

Save up and go for a Teng set if you can afford it.

7. pipster Forum Member

I bought the big set whilst on offer and used shell pluspoints vouchers to get it even cheaper. Its a really good set with 3 ratchet/drive sizes,shallow and deep sockets, loads of torx and hex drivers, combi and ratchet spanners........Awesome set .
    I highly recommend spending the extra dosh for one.

8. judderi Forum Member

I also bought the professional set while on offer about 2 yrs ago. Its seen me throught a full engine rebuild and general overhaul of the whole car. I only broke a few parts including 1 wrench. Decided eventually to take the whole set back and make good use of the lifetime guarantee. The manager of the store argued that the rachet mechs were not included in the guarantee but i stood my ground! I even picked up the same rachet from the shelf where it clearly states "lifetime guarante" on the tag. In the end i walked out with a whole brand spanking new shiny kit! Result!

9. Supercharged Forum Member

Hmmm - I didn't think the ratchets were covered as they do repair kits for them nice and cheap...

10. andyj Forum Member

my local Halfrauds has got the socket set and ratchet spanner set on offer at the mo....

Socket Set @ 99.99
    Ratchet SPanners @ 49.99

Anyone in Notts/Derby with a trade card want to help me out ???? ;)

Early Xmas pressie to myself [:D]

11. ambrose89

ambrose89 Forum Member

was told the trade discount on the socket set whilst they're on offer only knocks another 5 off so it will be 95

12. JOCK DAGZ New Member

o got the 99 jobbie and to be honest ive broke a few sockets under strain as in scaffy bar on the end,of course i deney any overstrain lol took them back and changed them no problem lifetime warranty apart from 1 young lad who thoght he was a steel axpert .funny thing was thata 13mm he seen broke under normall use/ so halfrauds do make some good stuff

13. nodeward Forum Member

yeh ive had one ofg those sets for ages , it is real good and i havent broke anything except the ratchet which they replaced instantly no questions asked! which i thought was pretty good

14. Collie Forum Junkie

The halfords proffesional stuff is good,use it day in and out on hgv stuff, and if you keepthe reciepts warrenty is good

15. Supercharged Forum Member

Yep, I dunno why people call them Halfrauds still, most stuff they sell is of excelllent quality that is more than can be said for most local factors round here and prices are very competitive too...

The tools are superb and you don't need the reciept for the lifetime warranty - the latest deal is the black Industrial Roll cab with a tray of sockets, another of spanners and a set of screwdrivers for 250

Trade card is also useful, 5.1 brake fluid for 2.90 (from 10), Buls for 40p (from 2.50) and Bosch wiper blades are far cheaper than GSF etc...

16. r.b.g New Member

bought the halfrauds 29.99 set the other day really good quality, hasent broke and i stressed them alot! good bargin

17. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

what did you get for 30?

18. benthejettaman Forum Member

halford stuff should be a gd piece of kit as it is made by sykes pickavant,
    i have got a 3/8 socket set that i have had for 6yrs and it has never yet me down, and the only wear its showing is some of the chrome is coming of

19. andy198712 Forum Member

really good set mate! got them cant fault them, used on the muddy dirt bike all the time and cant fault them

20. andyj Forum Member

found a mate who's got a Trade Card, so I'm now in the process of trying to convince the gf that they would make a great xmas pressie for me !! [:D]