Help to identify engine

Discussion in '8-valve' started by MattLB, Aug 21, 2022.

1. MattLB New Member

Hi all, I'm new on this forum and am hoping that someone can help me identify the engine that I have in my recently imported Brazilian VW bus. OK, not your typical configuration I agree but I'm pretty sure this is a EA827, according to Google, the guy i was dealing with said it was an AP engine. I can't for the life of me find any reference to the engine code it has though, this maybe because I'm searching in english rather than potuguese. The engine has a "UN" code and I'd really like to know what I'm dealing with so i can maintain it.

At the moment I'm pretty sure that there are some things that haven't been done correctly e.g. there's a plug not connected, the rocker breather doesn't have a pipe connected, there's some sort of pipe with a T connector not connected to anything... I'm sure there's more but will be working through these one at a time once it is actually parked on my drive.

Thanks in advance

2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

A P? That's a new one.
    Any pics?