Hi

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by v8rumble, Jul 2, 2020.

1. v8rumble Paid Member Paid Member

Just thought I would say hello.

As you may have guessed by the user name my love is in predominately Yank machinery and drag racing.

I have become involved in the forum as I needed to contact rubjonny as I had been talking to him on the mk2 forum.

I have restored two mk2 gti's for my eldest son in recent times but afraid they are in gti heaven courtesy of daft driving and a lamp post and an idea to shorten a fuel pipe whilst running with front mount unattached ffs!
    Yes it burned along with the 2.0 litre block TSR big valve head and cam plus headers plus all the bigger braking stuff, roll bars, strut braces etc etc, stop me before I cry.

At present I am converting the youngest sons 1.3 mk2 Golf to an AUM 1.8T set up hence the help from rubjonny on wiring etc along with Toyotec, as I have been playing with old school carbs and points etc for a while now lol.

If I get a chance I will work out how to post pics of stuff but no promises lol (technophobe)

Currently running a 1969 Dodge Superbee 383ci (totally original never touched numbers matching)
    2009 Dodge Challenger with 1075 miles on the clock
    1998 Cadillac STS 4.6l on lpg as a daily with 70k on the clock (magic carpet ride)

Tim

2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Cool fleet!
    Welcome.

3. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nice cars!

Head over to John’s magical thread where it tells you exactly how to convert the loom :)

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

Welcome!