How to ...Fitting Focus/Seat Short master cylinder to mk2 servo modification for 1.8t

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by fasteddie, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Lincs golfer New Member

so its just an alternative to an original mk2 setup but no actual gains it just a nice adapted replacement?

2. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

I think so ..losing track here [:s] But I thats the one ... no actual adapted replacement but an alternative to fitting some other way which also works
    well but original mk2 setup is ok for most racing when looking to carry more speed under braking to achieve actual gains without adapting keeping car original
    I think :thumbup:

3. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

There you go mate ..not my pic's but sure :)

If you want to use the mk2 reservoir
    The focus master cylinder has a lug of metal between the seals which will need removed Nige
    [​IMG]

Put it in a vice cut it off and gave it a file
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can then install the rubber seals & reservoir from your golf master cylinder

[​IMG]

Seanie vw and Nige like this.
  4. Joe16v Forum Member

Its to provide some addtional space between the MC and cam cover / timing chain cover.

With standard mk2 mc and engine mounts you usually need to remove material off the mc. but the Seat items is shorter than the original mk2 item so less likely to knock / foul

Lincs golfer likes this.
  5. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Hence the Topic title ;)
    Topic explains itself [:s]

Fitting Focus/Seat Short master cylinder to mk2 servo modification for 1.8t
    Its also 24mm as stated at the top also which will feed larger calipers.

6. Lincs golfer New Member

just as i first asked then lol there is a small size difference witch is why i asked about it as im curious how much of a difference but the main one is the pipe feed ability ;)

im glad joe turned up to help you answer it fasteddie as you didnt seem to think there was any difference and then joes answer was the clarification i was after :thumbup:

so how much more clearance is gained buy doing this as iv looked at many mk2 agu threads and never noticed a change of the mc for a clearance issue [:s]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  7. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

I will leave it here... hope you get sorted mate :thumbup:

8. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

Lincs, you mean apart from the first post of the thread, 3rd line where he said the stock MK2 is 22mm and this is 24mm ? And the title of the thread where he said it was shorter ? [​IMG]

Not being funny, but Fasteddie couldn`t really spell the differences out any clearer...lol lol

9. Joe16v Forum Member

There are two things here it seems.
    The difference in the length of shaft that is in the servo, as Eddie has helpfully provided evidence on. The stubby needs to be modified or your brakes will bind

And the usual reason we use the stubby in the first which is generally the different length of the master cylinder outside the servo... The stubby provides more clearance between the two

But to fit it you need to follow eddies advice

Too much innuendo , Soz for going over again!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    Lincs golfer and Nige like this.
  10. Lincs golfer New Member

thanks again joe16v you answer the question with out the pointless sarcasum these forums seem to bring out in people

and the funny thing is that the measurements provided are for the internal not external lol

sometimes the sarcasum over rides the sense in these posts

cheers for your input nige :clap:

11. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

[:[][:[][:v:] "and the funny thing is that the measurements provided are for the internal not external lol"

This is the difference I see you have posted your a mechanic, I wanted to be a mechanic but ended up cutting hair [:[][:[]
    Spent a bit of time posting this ...I now feel soo stupid how I got it soooo wrong
    I thought this was a good idea ....Sorry to anyone who has been mislead by my topic ..was only trying to help :([:v:][:[][xx(]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    Lincs golfer likes this.
  12. Lincs golfer New Member

everyone makes mistakes fella but its the ones that admit they made one that are the decent ones :thumbup:

13. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Thank you your the man/top mechanic well spotted ..trained eye and all that ...what what!
    just make sure when you do yours you measure it external .......and let me know how that works out for you [:o)]

nothing decent about me ..I'm to old [}:)]

14. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

And fat from eating the buns that gambit doesn't nick ( bun thief ) lol

fasteddie likes this.
  15. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

No no ..... well trim for an awl fella ;)
    The tramp was here the other day ....bla bla bla .all the awl talk ..Had me fit and set up a new meter head to his 16v heap free of charge ..he can do it [:|]

16. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Mmmmmm metering heads k-jet ???

What can be done to tweek / improve a metering head ???I know KMI do something but I've got a few spare so fancy a play sometime ;) post 90 any better for my track car ??? (Should we start a new thread ???) :hug::hug::hug:

17. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

You can shim the fuel pressure valve to raise fuel pressure then you have to readjust control pressure at warm up valve also you can check and set injectors individually by removing wee caps on top beside each injector outlet get yourself four babies bottles to check delivery by removing fuel relay
    and bridging it with a push switch then lift fuel sensor plate and balance injector outputs :thumbup:

K Jetronic systems are able to provide all the fuel needed for modifications for street vehicles.The goal is to increase the amount of air entering the engine to increase power.The problem is that the flap(plate) is a serious restriction to airflow.To modify the airflow sensor is extremely difficult,but the plate itself is what makes the rest of K Jetronic components
    operate.But all is not lost seeing that K Jetronic is not just limited to Volkswagen applications.Using an airflow sensor off of another K Jetronic equipped vehicle with a larger bore(plate) will dramatically increase airflow into the engine.;)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  18. Lincs golfer New Member

id ask your advice on a hair cut but having 4 kids has put pay to me having hair lol

to be honest i doubt im gonna use this setup as it works well as is so il leave it alone but i was curious on the benifits as to if it was worth the hassle of it but if these brakes were good enough for a volksworld race team im gonna be impressed if i manage to find the need to upgrade.it looks like they have fitted g60 up front and braided hoses all round and its got discs on the rear so i think il be set as car is still gonna be light weight so il find out,but im planning a day at cadwell park as its very close to me so il find out there i suppose lol lol

19. afbiker02

afbiker02 Paid Member Paid Member

Just a quick question, what year and trim level Focus is the master cylinder from?

20. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Jon Olds and afbiker02 like this.