HOWTO: Corrado 1 touch electric windows

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by rubjonny, Aug 7, 2006.

1. dj_singh Forum Member

Cheers im happy with how they are now. I know what you mean about the later switches being smaller but they arent that much smaller. These are easy to mount.

2. twisted_pr New Member

Passat module into Mk2 loom/switches?

I have a 5dr CE2 Mk2 with electric windows (and sunroof) all round, and want to add one touch/full closure. I bought a passat module (359 959 875A) but it came with no loom or switches whatsoever. I would like to keep the look as original as possible, so am wondering if there is any way of using the passat module with the Mk2 switches/loom?

I've no problem with adapting the existing Mk2 loom, or even making a whole new loom if need be (connectors are all standard and ISO stereo plugs fit two of the sockets on the module for neatness). Just I'm not sure what pins on the Mk2 switches connect to which pins on the module (completely made up eg: pin 2 rear left passenger door switch to pin 14 module)

I've got the wiring diagrams for both cars but was wondering if there was a pin switch equivalence chart (another completely made up eg: pin 4 on a mk2 switch is the same as pin 1 on a corrado/passat switch)? Or do the switches work in different ways, meaning I'd have to use a complete passat loom/switch setup?

The pictures in this old ebay auction give me hope that the OE look can be retained: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140562784405

Any guidance greatly appreciated. Thanks.

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

pretty sure the mk2 switches wont work with the corrado/passat module, as they're different internally. but you can find switches that look like mk2 ones, but work with the module from later polo and seats :)

unfortunately no-one has been able to confirm the part number of the switches that work, but from what I have read they plug right in so the givaway is the pinout on the back, if it looks like corrado/passat then you have hit the jackpot as they say :thumbup:

is the part number not 357 959 875A? if so thats a 2 door module so you'll have to leave the factory rear loom in place

4. twisted_pr New Member

Yes, sorry part no is 357... I was told that's a 4dr module and that 191 etc was the 2dr corrado module (even though both modules look the same)? Or is there a completely different part no for the 4dr setup, with the 357 having the sunroof control of the later corrado modules? [:s]

Not to worry either way, as I originally bought a 191 959 875X module that came with wiring but no switches. (There are a lot of spare/unused pins on the 191 setup though - could they be for the rear doors/switches?)

If they are both 2dr modules then I guess I could fit one of them for each side of the car, running the driver's side controls for the front windows and passenger's for the rears? (Plus connect the sunroof to one of the modules for the full monty?) Would mean losing the rear lockout capability (or doing something clever with the wiring to retain it), but I could live with that!

Thanks for the advice on the switches - will keep a lookout for the dual personality switches and add the part numbers here if I find them. :thumbup:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  5. rubjonny

357 959 875A has been replaced by 191 959 875, both 2 door. the 3 door one is 357 959 875 :)
    the spare pins are always there on the units they just dont do anything, i assume the internals are missing but they use the same casings for both types?

rear lockout would be pretty easy I recon, just kill the live feed to the rear switches or unit via the lockout switch.

if you have 2 of em yeah you could do it that way, in fact your way of using 1 brain per 'side' is a good one because then you could operate the front or rear windows at the same time, thats the major flaw with the corrado/pasat brain it'll only let you control 1 window at a time. you wont be able to open the front/rear window on each side at the same time, but how often would you ever need to do that?

sunroof is on my list as well, im planning to check out corrado/passat in scrappy one day and steal their brains, BRAINS!

6. twisted_pr New Member

Ahh, thanks for the advice on the numbers. Had the choice between the 357...875 & ...875A - looks like I picked the wrong one (thought the extra letter meant it was a later/better module, rather than a "lite" version) Sorry to keep asking stupid questions, but is the 191 module the one with sunroof control, or does the "X" on the end mean it's the "lite"/no-sunroof version? [:$]

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of putting one 2dr module per side, as this gives pretty much the same switch config as the Mk2 (ie treating the driver's door left/right switches as the front/rear console switches and the passenger's door switch as the rear door card switch) As you say, avoids the one window at a time issue, plus wiring in the circuit-breaking lockout switch becomes easy. Both front windows would also be fully 1touch up & down. [8D]

Good luck with the BRAINS! hunt. :lol: Let me know if you find some spare, as I keep picking other peoples. ;)

7. rubjonny

the x number doesnt come up in etka, but usually if there is an X on the end this means its an exchange part?

the sun=roof is controlled separately, by the looks of it the brains are built into the motor itself, though looking at it im not sure if its 1 touch?

8. twisted_pr New Member

Well, thanks to turbotommy I have got hold of some Mk2-look 1touch switches from a Toledo. :thumbup: [8D]

As promised here is the part no they are marked with: 1L0 959 855 . They are also marked "TC-4" and "TRW", as well as "SEAT" (obviously!) They are almost identical to the Mk2 Golf switches, except that they have one less pin out the back. Although the pin positions are numbered 1-6 in exactly the same pattern as Mk2 Golf (ie 3 & 4 top, 1 & 2 middle, 6 & 5 bottom) pin 3 is missing. (I will post a photo or two shortly).

Anyone (esp. Steve B who did this on his Jetta ;)) know how to connect these Toledo switches to the Corrado loom? The 'Rado electrical diagrams show 5 pins per switch (which is encouraging :)) but these are numbered 1-5 and each pin (including pin 3) is occupied. I will try and find a Toledo wiring diagram, but can anyone complete this pin equivalence table?:

Toledo Switch: 1 2 3 4 5 6
    C'rado Switch: ? ? X ? ? ?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2013
    bartenders13 likes this.
  9. Eldelgolf New Member

Hello,equivalence is:
    Corrado/Toledo
    1========5
    2========1
    3========4
    4========6
    5========2

bartenders13 likes this.
  10. Eldelgolf New Member

Diagrams:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for the quality

11. twisted_pr New Member

Many thanks Eldelgolf and welcome to the forum! [:D] You saved me a lot of time, plus my Spanish is very poor!! :lol: I will use that info to test out the setup(s) and report back.

12. Eldelgolf New Member

13. bartenders13 New Member

Hi, any chance for a bigger size picture? having trouble deciphering wiring diagram. Thanks

14. rubjonny

1l0elwindows.jpg

M21 - rear motor
    M72 - left front motor
    M21 - Right front motor
    M30 - rear motor

S326 - right front switch, passenger door
    S5660 - left front switch
    S4330 - right front switch, driver door

bartenders13 likes this.
  15. bartenders13 New Member