Ibiza Cupra Sport 16v iTB Track Car - Aero & Engine Rebuild

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Dave R, Apr 11, 2010.

1. sports racer Forum Member

Good to see you caught the damaged bolt in time.

Why is this in so many sections?

Cheers

Paul

2. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Fitted a non return valve so nothing goes from sump to oil tank only tank to sump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sports racer likes this.
  3. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Thanks for the update Dave.
    Do not be dismayed. Essays like these take time to complete. So I am glad you donated some of that time to share your passion.

4. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

Congratulations !

Yet people will still ask you `Does this stuff actually WORK ?` I get it all the time too. Often followed by the `I prefer them looking standard tbh`.[​IMG]

I elongated the hole in the coilover with a round file to give the adjustment, only needs a few mm but is a better solution.

I don`t understand what you mean by sutting the rear studs down ? [:s]

Life often gets in the way of the internet. That`s a good thing and exactly how it should be :clap:

5. jamesa Forum Junkie

Another ... Congratulations :thumbup:

Where does he Accusump return the oil to ... and do you get a low pressure alarm before it does ?

6. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

Thanks, been a manic year in total now..... planned to get on the car last week after doing a few things around the house, I didn't get down the garage until 6pm so much for my planned day haha.

It has taken a well handling car to another level, it's just getting my head around braking later and entering corners at a great speed now.

That's what I did funny enough was elongate the hole on that side, like you said it was only a few mm, make better than using a smaller bolt!

I should have explained the stud bit better, my old Comp's were ET35 with a 20mm spacer on the rear. The new Pro Race 1.2's are ET15 now, the rear wheel studs were longer than the front to accommodate the spacers used on the rear. With the offset of the new rims sticking out 20mm more I don't need the extra length on the studs, I use closed end wheel nuts to protect the threads from rusting on the studs plus they look better so because of these nuts I use I to need cut the studs down by about 7mm.

On the day at Combe I used open end nuts so I was able to use the Comp's and Pro Race's

Not just the internet but working on the car lol. One full day will get it ready but instead it's an hour or two in the evening.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    Sirguydo and Nige like this.
  7. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

[​IMG]

But where it shows the manual valve, I have an electronic one with a pressure sender, no alarm goes off. When the engine pressure drops below 50psi then it'll dump the stored pressure into the engine and then recharge when engine pressure is above 60psi.

The alarm on my dash is set to 30psi.

notenoughtime, Sirguydo and jamesa like this.
  8. timotei1980 Paid Member Paid Member

Can you tell me where you got the non return valve from please. I've got a similar breather setup on mine and I think not having a non return valve could be causing it to breath a little bit.

Thanks.

9. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

http://atecautotechnic.co.uk/en/

I think I had to email them asking about it because I couldn't find it on the web site

timotei1980 likes this.
  10. jamesa Forum Junkie

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    timotei1980 likes this.
  11. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

They recommended the oil return feed and I questioned if I should fit a NRV to which the reply was of course!

Thanks, hopefully I can get out on track soon!

jamesa likes this.
  12. notenoughtime

notenoughtime Moderator Moderator

13. timotei1980 Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks.

I've e-mailed the company listed by Dave R (hate it when companies do not list their prices on their own website).

I originally looked at Thinkauto.co.uk and there are two types, disc valves and flap valves. It looks like flap valves are better as they offer no flow resistance where as a disc valve has slight resistance, not sure if it would really matter for an oil breather application. Flap valve are also very expensive compared to disc valve by the looks of it.

14. Dave R

Dave R Forum Member

What have people been using for hosting photos now? Photobucket wants $400

15. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Dave at the minute you should be able to upload pictures direct to the forum as we switched it on for everyone as a short term fix so feel free to use it

16. BenU New Member

Hi Dave,

Not sure if you get on here anymore but just wanted to say what a way the car has come in the last 10+ years. From the 20 minute sessions at action days at castle combe (if you were lucky) in the early days to where it is now having started out as a standard car is really impressive. You should be proud!

Hopefully you still have this and thanks for a great read. Hope to see it at a track day soon

Ben

17. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

Need to put some time aside to read this from page 1. My rally Ibiza which was 'finished' 18 months ago still
    hasn't been used. There's bound to be some good additional mods I can do, on completion of my current project
    Thanks for sharing..
    Jon