Insurance data base

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dubber84, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Dubber84

Dubber84 Paid Member Paid Member

Hello. Just a quick question to see if anyone’s in the know on this as it’s puzzling me!

So my imported Golfs finally registered and I’ve got the V5 from the DVLA. Car is now taxed and plates are on. On Thursday I took out classic car insurance with Performace Direct at a cost of £98 for the year!!! And that’s with an agreed value of £5k.

However even though the car was insured from Thursday it’s still showing uninsured on the MID (motoring insurance database) and tonight I got pulled. Thankfully the cop was decent made a few calls and was satisfied in fact turned out he was a bit of a Dub enthusiast and took a few pics of my car ;)

But even still it’s been 3 days and still not showing it’s insured....... is this normal? I’ve never had this issue before and wondering if it is because the car is newly registered and that’s causing the delay?

Anyone who knows the answer please feel free to let me know as it’s very frustrating and make me nervous every time I drive it even though I know I know I’m legit Thanks

2. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Dont even know where to start about performance direct, not great experience.
    First they asked for 3 years worth of claims, which was clear, then took all my payment info with one advisor, passed me onto another department that did exactly same and took payment. It showed taken in my bank.
    Next day rang me back, saying I hadn't declared a claim from 2015, not within the 3 years they asked for but 5, so policy went up, not much, some idiot crashed his uninsured megane into the house and hit my car enroute to cause £51k+ damage total,
    So they said would take extra using card details of payment.
    In the following week I had 3 calls from performance direct saying the same thing that there was a claim in 2015, explained to them it had been addressed and sorted, and they also sent letter about it too.
    Then last month, on a Sunday afternoon had a telephone call from them, saying my insurance hadn't been paid, disagreed with them and then checked with bank. Pd rang me back next day to continue with the matter.
    Turns out that they cancelled their payment request so never actually took the money, although it had been 'framed' in my bank as a pending payment, and so my golf had not been insured by them correctly, and the first caller insisted I had not paid.
    Managed to get it sorted , and was lucky enough to get the admin fee waived for the policy due to them not administering properly.
    The green one is also insured with them, and Mrs. C also had problems with their services, but not to that extent.
    Very much doubt we will continue with them.

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yes it can take a little while for the database to update, print off a copy of your insurance certificate and have the contact details to hand. since the copper rung up and found all is well insurance side we know everything is fine that side of things.

I went through the very same when I registered my mk1 cabrio after years off the road, checking the website every day waiting for it to go green and driving nervously about fingering my insurance details :lol: