iTunes experts....

Discussion in 'Music' started by Teddy, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Teddy

Teddy CGTI Regional Host

All,

An iTunes question if I may.
    Other half has her computer, with all of her library, connected and sync'd to an iPod.

I have my library on ANOTHER computer, with all of my library sync'd to an iPhone.

If I connect my iPhone to her iTunes, what will be the outcome?

1) Will all of her music sync my iPhone deleting all of my music?
    2) Will all of my music overwrite her library?
    3) Will they just merge, and I will just need to complete a playlist?

Any help would be ideal.

Many thanks.

Teddy.

2. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

set your iphone to manually manage/add music not "sync" then when you plug it in nothing will happen (edit do this whilst plugged into your itunes btw)

If you want to add from the other itunes then you can drag and drop - simples

3. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

As you've got it set now, if you sync to her computer, all the music. apps, etc will be deleted from your phone, and replaced with hers.

What are you wanting to do?

4. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

I'm lost with them, charged my Ipod up again after 8 month dormant

plugged it in the PC and random stuff copied over - it plays music
    how do I change the play lists?

funny thing is, I'm concidered the Ipod/Iphone expert and have to talk to customers about them all the time & diagnois issues with them playing via the car hifi! :lol:[:s]

5. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

playlists are all controlled down the side pain. You can either create a playlist under the itunes one's at the bottom of the pain and drag and drop onto the ipod (recommended) or plug the ipod in and create them underneath the ipod on the left

6. Mike_H Forum Addict

Last time I tried this, it told me I could only sync my iPhone with one iTunes library. If it's going to delete your content, it'll warn you and ask you if you want to go ahead.

If you have an external hard drive, you can back up her songs to the hard drive, then import to your machine, and into the itunes Library. If you only have a memory stick (hopefully a decent sized one), then just select the stuff you want, rather than backing up the whole library.

You can set an iPod (maybe not the later iPod Touch though) or I think an early iPhone, to be managed as a hard drive, but not most iPhones. If you don't have the USB or external drive option, you can use the iPod to do it. You'll need to set it to be used as a hard drive from its own computer, before you try to upload to the new one, using windows explorer on a PC / Finder if you're on a Mac.

7. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

you can open up any ipod via "unhiding folders" to copy the music on it to another source also