JMR announce Jetex exhaust dealership.

Discussion in 'JMRacing' started by mr hillclimber, Jan 3, 2013.

1. mr hillclimber Club GTI Supporter and Sponsor

I'm pleased to announce we're now a dealer for the excellent range of Jetex exhausts.

Jetex are known as "the quiet performer" for a good reason...they're an unobtrusive range of performance systems covering a vast range of the V.A.G group in both aluminised & stainless steel, as well a range of sports catalysts and build parts to make your own system for custom applications.

Made in Sweden, quality is top notch, as is the performance potential and the fitment...I've recently had a great result using a Jetex universal tailbox in place of a poor design so called performance box...the Jetex silencer helped unlock "13hp" in the mid range on a customers 8v MK2 GTi!...feature coming soon.

Jetex also have a range of high flow air filters for the V.A.G range, as well as many others for those of you that have more than one make in your fleet!

Here's a quick link... http://www.jmrclubsport.co.uk/#!jetex/cpns ...to save you the trouble of searching...we're good to you like that! ;)

Prices will be added fairly soon but in the mean time if you want a quote on a system give me a call or fire over an email, PM or txt.

Enjoy... [8D]

Jason

2. Mike_H Forum Addict

Good news, Jason. I like Jetex kit, and have a 2" aluminised system on my track scirocco. It's not super lightweight, but it fits well, never fails a noise test, and the car makes decent power. It's been on there 4 years and still looks nearly new, although to be fair it doesn't do loads of winter mileage, but it does do a couple of thousand road miles a year. I reckon it's got a load of years left in it.

We'll see how much power the 2" supports once the JMR X-Flow head and the 298 cam are in place :thumbup:

3. Admin Guest

Awesome stuff, I have Jetex exhausts on my golfs I'm a huge fan of them :thumbup:

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

any chance of just getting a back box from a mk2 16v kit? my aluminised one has totally rotted at the back. the front 2 silencers still perfect except the black paint has fallen off :lol:

5. mr hillclimber Club GTI Supporter and Sponsor

You may need a bigger one Mike!....

They certainly work well MK.

RJ I'll ask and get back to you...may need to come in with their next stock order if they don't fancy pulling it from a system...see what they say for you.

6. rubjonny

ok no worries if not, might start saving for full stainless if not or just pull it off and weld it up!

7. timo16v

timo16v Paid Member Paid Member

I can vouch for the 13hp back boxes;)

8. Mike_H Forum Addict

Welding facilities available if needed :thumbup:

9. rubjonny

ta mike! i have myself a 50 quid gasless welder main problem is finding a suitable replacement backbox while i do the job, downside of the nice 2.5" system i suppose :lol:

10. Mike_H Forum Addict

You could have it done inside a day.

I also have a std 16v rear box you could adapt as a spare. I cut the hanger off it years ago for something else, but other than that it's fine.

Gasless MiGs [xx(]

11. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Do what I did, get the 300 full stainless system,eventually get so fed up the 2x 80mm tail pipes clonking on my rear ARB, SO - remove cut it up, use the centre section as a rear. Easy 2.5" 2 box 'race system' :p used straight section of 2.5" for centre section.[:D]

With the drop links of the hefty 28mm H&R arb, even when new I pressed a crease in the Jetex rear box... Didn't want to do it but literally no space.

12. GVK

13. GVK

Wouldn't advise buying a new Jetex exhaust and doing that though - best add that bit!

14. rubjonny

ja im happy with my jetex, its just the rot on the back box which is annoying! should have treated it a couple years ago when i spotted it going but pure lazyness :lol:

15. mr hillclimber Club GTI Supporter and Sponsor

Back box available separate @ 157.00+ vat & carriage..;)

16. mole Forum Member

hi im after a back box for a mk1 16v if you can do it separately, similar thing to RJ rotted and fell off!!

17. mr hillclimber Club GTI Supporter and Sponsor

Give it a go....what was the original system...2 or 2.5 inch?

18. mole Forum Member

I'd better go down the lock up and check but I'm quite sure it's 2"

19. mr hillclimber Club GTI Supporter and Sponsor

Let me know and I'll see what's available.

20. mole Forum Member

Yep 2" as I thought.
    Cheers.