Kill switch

Discussion in 'Security' started by G_Whizz, May 16, 2014.

1. G_Whizz Forum Member

Thinking of installing a covert / discreet kill switch somewhere in the car, does anyone who anyone who could do this for me?

Cheers!

2. vr6smith Forum Member

From what I know you have two choices, a kill switch for the battery, but this means resetting the clock every time.

Or a cut in the ignition wiring. But most alarms with immobilisers would already have done this.

Do you have an alarm?

Other option is to put a switch in for the fuel senders live feed. Simply job and you can stop the fuel going to the engine without disabling electrics for alarms and clocks etc.

If anyone does try and start the car it will just keep turning over and not firing.

G_Whizz likes this.
  3. G_Whizz Forum Member

Thats a good idea, a switch for the fuel sender!

I dont have an alarm, but just figured a determined thief can disable an alarm system but can't work around something he doesnt know exists.

So was thinking kill switch and tracker as a fail safe.

Does anyone know of anyone / anywhere that could do this??

4. vr6smith Forum Member

You should be able to do it your self, or if you prefer I'm sure most garages will do it for a charge.

Rubjonny http://www.clubgti.com/member.php?735-rubjonny

Has most if not all wiring diagrams for download. Just need to snip the cable and install I switch. Good thing is the cables run down the side of the car so you have plenty of places to install the switch or you can extend the cable by adding a section to put the switch somewhere behind the dash etc

5. slimwadey Paid Member Paid Member

vr6smith and G_Whizz like this.
  6. vr6smith Forum Member

7. tom.rich Forum Member

I did similar to above and put my fuel pump's live wire on a switch which is located somewhere un-findable (in the dark to a clueless scum bag).

I also have something else which is along the same lines as that but in a different location and for a different component essential for running :thumbup:

A nice easy job for very little money which would be very hard to get around at the side of the road while worrying about getting arrested [:D]

8. calico New Member

A few years back when the Polish just started to arrive here a lot of their cars had hidden switches they were a right bugger to find in daylight with time on my hands as they had left there cars with keys while they went on holiday but forgot to mention hidden switches. One I remember very well was a Clifford valet switch in the very front of the drivers door pocket just under the lip ingenious don't know what it controlled possibly starter circuit as had dash lights but wouldn't start until you pressed the switch. Another was you had to touch 2 screws at the same time that held the steering cowling on.

9. GG.

GG. Forum Member

My donor 91 GTI had a pretty clever (but annoying) switch installed. You had to push the passenger side electric window up button to start it. It cut fuel delivery.