Looking like a sad day for me and my corrado

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by pacifica112, Jun 6, 2015.

1. pacifica112

pacifica112 Forum Member

I have a 1993 Corrado Vr6 that's been in the family for the last 6-8 years but for the last 2 years its been sat in my garage. /now I have a young family and with work ramping up, I just don't seem to have the time to do anything to it to get it back on the road. I am now debating on selling the car but I just dont know what its worth or whether its worth selling it whole or parting it out.
    A bit of info about the car.

Its a blue 1993 VR6 with approx 123,000 miles on the clock
    K&N induction kit.
    Full Brembo brakes.
    Koni adjustable suspension
    Cat replacement pipe (still have the cat)
    Magnex exhaust (cat back)

The reason it was put in the garage is that it developed a smoking issue when accelerating after engine breaking (big cloud of blue smoke when initially acceleration then it clears). I have got new piston rings, new gaskets, new engine bolts, new bearings etc to rebuild the engine but I just don't have time to do it. At the minute the car has all the front end removed and engine disconnected (with the gearbox still in).

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Neil

2. notenoughtime

notenoughtime Moderator Moderator

Sometimes it's just better to get rid of things as a whole otherwise you get left with loads of bits people don't want
    Think of a price a stick it in classifieds

3. Collie Forum Junkie

if you have the space just keep it, i regret selling off all my old motors. if i had somewhere to keep them i would have done.

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

I would keep it if the body is in good nick and fit a complete 24v 2.8 or R32 engine to it whenever the time allows.

5. bigmac Forum Member

Hi Neil. Did you decide what you wanted to do with your Corrado ?

Allan

6. pacifica112

pacifica112 Forum Member

Hi. Sorry for the late reply. Didn't realise anyone else had messages. The car is currently being parted out. If you want/need anything then just let me know and I'll see if i still have it