Low oil sensor part check

Discussion in '8-valve' started by Cressa, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

Right, I am probably going to replace the sensors on the Engine of my early mk2 8v GTi.
    I have removed a single pin sensor from the side of the cylinder head which I believe is called the Low oil sensor (correct me if i am wrong please)
    It is BLACK with a part no. 056919081c 0.15 - 0.45 bar
    Having searched for this part number, they all come back saying BROWN..
    Not wishing to get caught out with different colour wrong sensors is this correct? The numbers say so, but....

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

brown or blue switches are correct, yours was probably brown many years ago now its just filthy. anyway ETKA lists 056919081c as brown, and the part numbers 028919081D and 028919081H have replaced it :)

Cressa likes this.
  3. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

Cheers rubjonny, great help as always. Ordered today from TPS, just need to see if it comes with a sealing washer, I hope..
    Just taken the sensors off from above the oil cooler
    Oil temp sensor 049 919 563A
    Oil pressure sensor 056919081E
    Hopefully those numbers are still the same and available.
    I appreciate I am being a bit of a spoilt snob getting the genuine items but they don't usually give you a headache

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

oil temp still current part number, 1.8bar switch replaced by 056919081. Both showing as NLA but may be available from classic parts via dealer if they've signed up to it, otherwise often fine genuine parts on ebay still :)