Lupo and Polo GTI Questions

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by Ad2408, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Dubplate Forum Member

Lupo's do seem to be pretty quick I had one scream past us on the A3 london bound at about 10.30ish last night....anyone on here by any chance ? :)

2. AlexB Forum Member

Oh god, i wanted to kill those guys with that yello lupo.. so annoying! it wouldn't have been so bad if they could actually play music, but the sub was too big so it just played a long annoying line of bass - not impressive at all! my last ice install was a simple 12" sub, components and 6x9s, and it sounded SO much better (just ask Cheesebadger, i defened her loads with it ;)

I hate max power scum :( leave it out of the dub scene, i say!

3. tdwindustries New Member

it wasnt me, cos mine is in bits - but i am always screaming up and down the A3 [:D]

4. Tigz Forum Member

If anyone of you whop seemed to object had come accross you could have asked him to play real music. It plays real music as well as it does bass test CDs.
    Max Power?
    How have you come to that conclusion?
    Max power car audio is Sony/Kenwood and the f**king 6x9s your praiseing!
    This is a Digital Designs Subwoofer, im sorry but you cant put it in the same catagory.
    Your missing the whole point, that sub is not his daily driver, he has a Digital Designs 12" driver for every day use, the whole point what can be achived.
    For f**ks sake, how many more times do we have to hear this old school bull poo coming from the odd few dubber, times are changing, why not get used to it.

5. tdwindustries New Member

also can i just say that this is exactly why our forum is so nice....

everyone likes different things. I like raw power and racing look, some people like high end audio, some people like both, but whatever I respect peoples likes and dislikes and when u mix it together u get an interesting show.

Tigz is right in saying he positioned the lupos as far from the main crowds as was allowed, and also the car got a lot of coverage and respect.... surely it didnt ruin your day that much? i thought it was hillarious and a bit of fun - dont think it p***** that many people off. I didnt see one single person out of the crowds of people looking without a smile or look of disbelief.

6. DubLass Forum Member

hehe this thread has got outta hand. Tell him about how NICE lupos are! :lol: [:D]
    Lupos and polos are great

7. tdwindustries New Member

yes well we ALL know how good Lupos are!

:lol:

8. Admin Guest

max power= playing your music as fcking loud as possible so much it deafens and annoys those around. doesn't have to be high quality, it just has to be so people know your there!

one dirty great sub, cracking. :clap: if it played "real" music why oh why did we get bass on repeat for the day?

for me cars are nice to look at and a hoot to drive, you want sounds, build a system at home.

9. Tarnbir Forum Member

Hi,
    Ive had a lupo gti, and the mrs has had a lupo 1.4s,

they were both great cars, lupo gti was quick for a 1.6,

i'd definately recommend one over a ibiza, for one it looks ten times better, maybe not as fast, but different.
    plus insurance is cheap.

its basically a mk1 golf that is very easy to drive on a daily basis. but make sure you get a 6 speed, as five speed ones have a crap gearbox hence i think they feel very slow.

dont get me wrong here,ibiza a great car, if its more performance your after than the ibiza is probabaly a better car for you.

but my choice, lupo gti, it'd be nice if there was turbo/supercharger kit available for them

taz

10. Admin Guest

in your eyes thats the way your scene is going, but that smacks of corsa's and saxos in a car park to me.

11. AlexB Forum Member

lmao. I wasn't praising 6x9s, i just said that my old stereo sounded much nicer than that lame lupo.

I dont even have a stereo in my car now.. ICE doesnt make you go any faster ;)

12. Dubplate Forum Member

depends if you smoke it :lol:

13. Tigz Forum Member

Why? Do I tell you that you should drive a Punto?
    Car audio enthusiasts have as much right to be at a show as anyone else.
    Do the show and shine people complain about you blasting up and down the track?
    Of course not, its part of the show.
    Did you complain about the Bus with the loud speaker outside?
    Do you complain about the kids playing football at the end of the road?
    Jesus christ.

14. tdwindustries New Member

As for saxo and Corsa reference, I am osrry Jonboy but that makes you sound really foolish.

You are supposed to be a moderator on here yet your argument is really odd "I dont like it so its crap"

???

I think if you took some time to look at Lupos, including the bright yellow one with a big sub you would find that not only is the sound quality amazing for any car, but its also an amzing install - plus the car looks great.

To try and suggest that its anything to do with Corsas and Saxos is rude and, again, a flawed argument.

15. AlexB Forum Member

But we dont stop you talking to your friends around your club stand....

who cares anyway. we never said we didnt like lupos, just didnt like the loud bass.

lets not thread-jack anymore, eh?

16. Tigz Forum Member

The system is not finished, the box and amps were installed friday, they didnt even have time to tune it, only one componant was running, the rest of the system will be in within the next few weeks.. rome wasnt built...

17. tdwindustries New Member

in summary Lupo's are great cars and great value... but hurry there arent many new ones left to buy

EDIT: not just Lupo GTIs are great, they all are
    Edited by: tdwindustries

18. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

The one I drove was flat as a fart... gutless. Maybe a poor dealer demonstrator.. Don't get me wrong I luv the Lupo Gti.. (Mrs B has a Lupo which is going to be receiving some extra poke via an engine transplant). The Polo Gti I drove on the same day felt similar engine wise tho, so I thought that was 1.6 16v performance. Maybe wrong and maybe a couple of duds.

Driving the beezer the same day after the VW test drives was a revelation. Less money than the Lupo GTi was, had 1.8T motor, great dealer.. throws the keys and says go play and have fun. SOLD.

I would luv Mrs B to have a Lupo Gti as I really like its dinky but chunky looks. Her 1.0E is going to end up somewhat more powerful tho when converted. So we have Lupo in the family.
    regards
    bill

19. badger5

not heard from the Polo brigade yet tho...

20. badger5

Lupo spoiled by such a tame engine. Stick a 1.8T in there and wayhay.... nice motor.. ;)