Lupo gti rubbing/squeaking noise on rotation of wheel

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by Coulter51RVA, May 29, 2015.

1. Coulter51RVA New Member

I have a Lupo Gti and theres a wile squeak/rubbing noise coming from the right hand wheel when I lift off to slow down. At first I thought it was the backing plate rubbing against the brake disc but I bent it back abit and it's definitely not touching and I've checked everything else and I can't find where the noise is coming from :/

Anyone any ideas?

2. Lhasa2008 CGTI Regional Host

Would be worth checking the front wishbone bushes as these are prone to wear

3. Coulter51RVA New Member

I'm only after replacing them with polybushes because they were wore badly. So I can rule them out

To me it sounds like the cv boot but it looks fine, isn't tore or anything..

4. Switch7

Switch7 Forum Member

mine squeeks everywhere after polybushing lol

5. Coulter51RVA New Member

I'm just after making my own polybush for the gearbox mount that I couldn't find

6. Coulter51RVA New Member

I'm just after making my own polybush for the gearbox mount because I couldn't find a new one anywhere lol. But It seems to have stopped the noise, although it does creak somewhere when letting your foot off the clutch but not too worried about that lol.

I see you have the 1.8t in your lupo switch7, how hard is it to do that? Would nearly be tempted lol

7. Switch7

Switch7 Forum Member

Well it's not in the car yet, picked up the engine last week and now collecting parts for a rebuild. Have to shorten a driveshaft and put mk3 tdi gear box cups on to get it all mounted. Then sort out an inter cooler. Long way to go ????