Mapping qpeng mbe? Or swap?

Discussion in 'Engines' started by robbie100hp, Mar 25, 2017.

1. robbie100hp New Member

Hi guys iv had my 1.8t conversion in my mk1 golf for a while now it runs a very basic mbe ecu, it's got a 3inch down pipe, bigger intercooler and is a bam bottom end with large port head with k04 to go with it but this only ran 220bhp the dyno!!?? They said it was over fueling and the inlet pipe to the turbo was too small, iv now fix the latter with a 3inch tip but the car needs mapping and rtech which iv herd are good in the Midlands don't map mbe. Can some one shed some light as to why?
    Because of this would I be best going to vw engine management or another standalone ecu?
    I'm looking to upgrade my turbo and hopefully get just under 400bhp in the future once iv maxed the current spec.
    I know the car had more to give I just want to extract it some how, correct me if I'm wrong but a well setup car with this spec should be doing 270ish??
    Any help would be appreciated
    Cheers

2. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

MBE is an open platform, so you should be able to get software and a lead, unless its a locked down ECU.
    Even the most basic mappable ECU's have an awful lot of functions inside.
    If it were me, I would (and have....) get a laptop, lead and the software......
    Jon

3. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

MBE 992 on that with a special definition from Quantum Performance Engineering.
    They are not locked.
    I have mapped a few.

4. robbie100hp New Member

Who in the midlands would look at mapping my car for me then, i had been looking at returning to vw ecu and converted loom

5. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Send me a pm mate. I am due on that side soon funny enough to sort out the same ECU.