Mk 2 Glove box for air conditioned cars

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Matt Golf, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Matt Golf Forum Member

Can anyone tell me the part number for the glove box on a right hand drive car with factory air conditioning.

Thanks

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

192857114 for the frame, 192857101A for the lid :)

3. Matt Golf Forum Member

Thanks, so not only does it have a specific box it has a specific frame was well? So no frame no fitty?

4. Matt Golf Forum Member

Is 191 857 101 left hand drive?

5. rubjonny

yeah the frame is a lot shorter, and the lid has the glove compartment attached to the back of it if that makes sense, rather than the frame providing the 'hole'

191857101 is for a LHD non-aircon glovebox frame. 191 part numbers either mean not sided, or LHD specific. 192 numbers mean RHD specific :)

6. Matt Golf Forum Member

Thank you very much, very helpful

7. rubjonny

on mine I plan to cut down the back of the glovebox as little as i can get away with, im hoping the capacity will end up a bit bigger than the proepr ac glovebox which is truely pathetic. I'll never get all my glovebox gubbins in there :lol:

8. davidut5 Forum Member

I have cut the dash on mine and my brothers jetta. I have seen the lower dash from a ac mk2 model and seemed bigger than what i have cut mine to. Local guy had one with ac but said it was already bought by someone. When i open the glovebox i can see the wires and vac solenoid, easy to get to now! [:D]

BlakeKellyQRo depends on how much you drive the car, but about 1 year is ok. Do you know if it has a filter, not all had, i have not seen any with a filter in my country yet! On mine i have some vacuum cleaner filter stitched on top of the old leaf filter/housing. The housing for the filter is obsolete, i searched.

Attached Files:

9. Matt Golf Forum Member

I have one of the smaller under glove box dash trays (the specific one for RHD a/c cars) on ebay at the moment if anyone is interested. And its very cheap!

10. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Used to do regas on aircon, when working at a refrigeration firm, try local ones if that's what need, maybe an independent rather than chain,
    It's quite simple, just need correct kit and refrigerant of the right type.
    Checking all connections and pipes with soapy water to look for leaks.