MK 2 Golf gti 8v Vacuum hoses

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by robbie33, Jun 21, 2016.

1. robbie33 New Member

Hi all,
    I've just joined the forum so apologies if this is posted in the wrong section. I was wondering if anyone has a diagram/information of the vacuum pipe system on a mk2 golf gti 8v (pb engine I think???). I'm having some issues with it running lumpy and would like to replace the hoses.
    thanks in advance.

2. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

3. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Welcome to the forum :thumbup:

4. robbie33 New Member

cheers that's the puppy!!

5. joelovespizza New Member

I would recommend getting silicon vac line, I bought the braided rubber stuff from vw heritage only to have it split repeatedly after a few months.
    No such issues with silicon, got it from flebay, a lot cheaper per meter as well.

6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yeah if you want braided hose like oem buy it from VW, its expensive but it wont split! silicone way cheaper and the black stuff looks almost oem.

btw you can ignore the carbon canister in the picture above if its a UK model we dont have it, and the warm air flap does bugger all in our climate so you can delete that hose entirely if you want and just run the fpr vac line direct to the throttle body :thumbup: