mk1 caddy 24v turbo 4wd project ,stress...56k warning

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by powernut, Oct 4, 2008.

1. powernut Forum Member

next issiuse my radiator isnt cooling the bigger engine overly well, so upgrade time , after a bit of modifying ,it came out like this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. benthejettaman Forum Member

are they rover 25 coilpacks you are using?

3. powernut Forum Member

hi pal no these are ls2 yuko coils :)

4. powernut Forum Member

well guys thought id let you all know , i thought id risk a dyno of the mk5 r32 t
    i asked the guy to add det cans as im sure my timing not right (i was so right too:))(thought saves loseing the engine)
    i attempted a 20psi run in 4wd at 7200prm , but due to timing and afr targets , i only managed a 4wd pull in 3rd gear at 13psi at 5000rpm 380whp :bh gutted but for no vvt and a trail diy , not bad , guy was impressed for a diy project and said this setup as a good potental for 500 plus[:D] he said what turbo have u got ,(i said well lol but of a home diy mix and match , )guy stated thats got some seroius pull lol, i said feels crap tbh , my old 12v seems better responce from it ,,
    [​IMG]
    little dyno video here for you , stage 1 lol
    View My Video
    stage2 coming next :thumbs_up

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  5. wadders

wadders Forum Member

Looks like you're taking this seriously, with testing and protecting the engine! So, is it back to the Powernut secret lab and then return to the dyno?

I'd love to see the testers face when the shabby chic caddy rolled up the ramps, then opens the bonnet!

6. powernut Forum Member

:thumbup:
    lol tbh you couldnt have said that any better ,[:D]i just turned out of the blue and said can i book a quick dyno run , guy came out and said , (with that) (lol he ment my rusty bucket) i said yearh , he said ill do it now , soon as i started it and drove in ,heads turned ,then bonett was lifted , and dyno guy said , now thats something i didnt exspect lol , i said only a home diy joby , after explaing it was 4wd , he said have u tunied or dynod it before i said no, i said can u add the det cans as ive a feeling the timing maybe out , as u can see from the video , he first had a test run, lucky timing was too high , so he just removed some to get a dyno pull , (after dyno his words were what fu..ing turbo is on that lol, i said a home diy one , he said that spool was very good , :thumbup: and the engine has good poitenal , still ok i reckon for a none forged /none vvt mk5 r32 turbo 3rd gear made 380whp at 13psi @5000rpm:thumbup:, id like to see what numbers it brings at 20psi at 6500rpm

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  7. tea_and_cake New Member

Bump from the dead! What happened to this? Is it still alive Powernut? Hope the naysayers haven't put you off....?

8. nhoj62

nhoj62 Forum Member

wow this is a serious ressurrection!
    but yeah hows it going powernut??

9. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

think i saw he was thinking of putting a 2.0 tdi engine in for winter most likely with lots of boost
    sounds very intresting