mk1 golf diesel

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by dubztubz, May 9, 2018.

1. dubztubz Forum Member

Got accelerator pedal out last night,but loom looks to go back along dash towards passenger side.brake&clutch switch loom I just cut chunk of the loom along with switches ?

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yeah you need to take a little time to unwrap the tape on wiring for the accelerator pedal, most of it goes direct to blue plug on ecu loom but there is a wire for the fuel pump relay in it as well

clutch and brake switches if you chase the wires they go to the coloured plugs as well, plus a few wire taps into the main harness. with some effort you can pull it back to the coloured plugs, and dependign on how you want to make your loom it might be helpfull to grab all the car side of the plugs, some like to make an adaptor harness that goes between mk1 fusebox and the mk4 ecu coloured plugs, for a mk1 shell this can be done as the mk4 colourted plugs do reach thru the firewall to the fusebox even if you fit the ecu in the scuttle tray :)

3. dubztubz Forum Member

So I’m better of grabbing the coloured plugs loom and snip the ends that pig tail into main loom

4. rubjonny

yeah it can be a good route to take in a mk1 for sure, if you make it right means a new ecu loom will usually plug straight in no messing apart from adding suitable grommets and maybe delete a couple things plus slight re-routing

5. dubztubz Forum Member

Took dash down at chopped it at airbag.ill be able to strip it properly and take out what’s needed I hope.took the relay panels too

Attached Files:

6. rubjonny

perfect that'll give you everything you need and more :)

7. dubztubz Forum Member

what the best 02a gear shiter to use in mk1

8. rubjonny

02a shifters all basically the same, what people generally do is go for the late 02j setup off the mk4 but trouble is the reverse switch clashes with the SEAT cable clutch actuator. you can use an early spade reverse switch with bent terminals or chop and modify the cable attachment for the clutch actuator though to get it in there

9. dubztubz Forum Member

Bit of topic but how many temp sensors does 99 t4 acv 102bhp have.have problems with battery drain.did test and narrowed it down to fuse 19 (over run pump).replaced a green 4 pin sensor at alternator but still having battery drain

10. rubjonny

you changed the 4 pin sensor for the ecu and dashboard, the coolant pump is triggered by a 2 pin thermoswitch, though I'm not sure where it is. Would be in one of the coolant flanges I guess or it might be on a metal bracket somewhere. Follow the grey wire from the pump and you'll find it though, its wired direct. the switch goes to earth to trigger the pump so it might be a snapped wire earthing on the block

11. dubztubz Forum Member

Thanks,plastic flange coming out off cylinder head beside alternator.it houses the four pin one I changed and a blue two pin sensor wondering is that it

12. dubztubz Forum Member

any Folk here have go at making the 02a mounts for gearbox

13. rubjonny

2 pin could be it yes, if you follow the wires from it one will go straight to pump the other goes to earth. or unplug it and see if pump stops!

14. dubztubz Forum Member

whats part number for that sensor

15. rubjonny

looking at ETKA I think its this one:
    021919369 - thermal switch for radiator fan run on and/or additional coolant pump, 93/88C, 2 pin blue/white - £40.91+VAT

not exactly cheap so may want to confirm part number on the old one and make sure its actually faulty rather than a wire fault!

16. Sverre Lervik New Member

Hi. Little bit off topic...I have epytec gearbox mounts and a speedometer converter for Golf mk1 for 02M 6speed gearbox. New unused cable-X converter from Abbott in USA. Gearbox mounts is also new, only fitted in the car. The market in Norway is very low for this parts. Is there any market for this in UK? Can ship outside Norway.

Thanks