mk2 8 valve gti need help

Discussion in '8-valve' started by silent minority ninja, Aug 15, 2006.

1. silent minority ninja New Member

hello people!
    i have recently purchassed a mk2 gti 8 valve with a 2 litre bottom end of ebay for a very resonable price and i am quite suprised by what i got for my money, i have a few questions that i would greatly appreciate your help with.

owner was a bit vauge as far as modifications were concernd because most had been carried out by the previous owner.the engine must of had the bottom end swap because it's a 85 model but it has the hazard lights on the steering colume which i think means it has a digifant loom (90 spec?)?

would a standard cam still be in the powerband after 4000rpm? it keeps pulling up to about 5000rpm then starts to back off.

any ruff ideas as to what sort of performance figures i should be looking at assuming it has the 2.0 bottom end and the obvious modifications i.e induction kit with feed, superchip, performance exhaust?

and finally how hard would it be to fit a xflow head with throttle bodies? starting to grow out of turbos now so i want to try something new.

i will be extreamly greatful for any help with these questions.

2. silent minority ninja New Member

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

That sounds about right to me :)
    power depends if he used the complete 2.0 lump, or if he fitted the MK2 head. Std the 2e gets about 115BHP, but with a MK2 head you'll probably see about 120BHP. With the listed mods maybe a few more!

4. silent minority ninja New Member

cheers dude hoped it would be near the 130 mark so thats close enough for me:clap:

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yeah i think you'll be pretty close with those mods :)