mk2 8v head crossflow help!

Discussion in '8-valve' started by pringle, Jan 29, 2005.

1. pringle New Member

i need a crossflow head on my golf mk2 1.8 8v i have heared the 2.0l new beatle head will do it if so can i use the exauhst manifold i have now and are the inlet manifolds the same shape also what are the engine codes
    anyone please

2. chrismc Forum Junkie

AFAIK a mk2 exhaust manifold/4 branch should match up OK..

As for the inlet side, the throttle body/microswitch set up will be different, hence why most eople would be inclined to use Carbs/ Throttle Bodies..

3. Unknown Forum Junkie

I've seen an ABA x-flow head on a bored out 2E block in the past, but I'm not sure if the Beetle gets the ABA. The one I saw had a stock 1.8 mk1 exhaust manifold, so a mk2 one would fit too. The inlet manifold is big over the top jobbie, like the 16v/vr6 with long runners.

[pedant]PS. its beetle, as in ugly insect noted for rolling crap into balls or ruining potato crops. Beatles were a bunch of Happy-go-lucky Liverpudlian tunesmiths[/pedant]

4. VR6Will Forum Member

its not just as simple as bolting the x-flow head to the block, there is so much more that needs to be done, yes the exhaust does match up, rad hoses are different, the head does need modifying too, carbs or tbs are the simplest unless you use the x-flow inlet and engine loom

5. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

Thought there wasa difference with the water ways in the head, only slight but will need work.

6. veedubnutz Forum Junkie

Yeah the waterways dont quite match up. Need milling.