Mk2 apron bung

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by dodgy, Jul 25, 2021.

1. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

We replaced these on the green mk2, got them new off tps, but now I need one for mine I cant seem to find them at a reasonable price, considering only £1.50 new, £9 s/h is daft, plus I'm tight.
    Anyway they are listed as a mk3 sidemember bung too, any idea where they are in the car as my mate still has a scrap one on his drive and he can get one out if I tell him its position, hes not overly technical "if you cant fix it with a hammer, it must be an electrical problem " is his quote.
    Thanks, Dave

Attached Files:

2. H8V

h8v Forum Member

Could you measure the hole diameter and then just search for a generic blanking plug for that diameter?

dodgy likes this.
  3. Finite

Finite Paid Member Paid Member

Listed as in the cover plate between the sill and the floor pan. There are 5 listings for this position. 3 bungs, 2 of which are =<40mm, a sealing washer and an endcap. The one you're after is 50.4mm so not sure what he might find there given the variance.

The holes all look the same size on here.

https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/eu/1h0803225-cover-plate-left.html

dodgy likes this.
  4. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

So is that inner sill?
    Messaged mate and he was at work so said would look later.
    Have had to get stuff out my shed this afternoon as have had a few diy bits and emergency on the house so not been playing on the car, but while digging through it to find things, I came across a box with some old bits off the green golf that I quickly looked in, there in the bottom was the bung that was originally in mrs dodgys car, so will clean that and the one from mine that the original owner painted with white hammerite means I've got a pair, but will replace when can.
    Thanks for the help, fingers crossed they are in the mk3.

5. H8V

h8v Forum Member

This is a list of some VW bungs I found on another forum, but none are that part number or the 50.4mm diameter.

1K0899185 40mm round plastic plug for flat hole -- two on each side behind rocker panels
    N10138801 30mm round plastic plug for deep hole -- one on each side behind front wheels
    N10226501 30mm round plastic plug for flat hole -- one on each side in box section
    N90508801 44x24mm oval plastic plug for flat hole -- four in each rocker panel plus one more each side
    N90402801 30x14mm oval plastic plug for deep hole -- one each side behind front wheels (plus one more each side towards the rear?)
    N10124501 (I think) 19.5mm round plastic plug for deep hole -- one each side in front of rear wheels

If it's 50.4mm you want, I expect 50.5mm would do. £4.35 for ten.......https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/27481025...u64sXm%2FQxCfyhaniTP|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2334524

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021