MK2 Fuel pipes from tank to pump

Discussion in 'Engines' started by MJA, Feb 27, 2022.

1. MJA

MJA Paid Member Paid Member

Hi,

Looking to refresh the feed and return pipes from tank to underbody pump. The part numbers are coming up as obsolete 191201293A & 191201294D - can you just use regular fuel pipe to replace these? Or does anyone know where to get new versions of these pipes.

For my mk2 btw but actually wouldn't mind changing the same pipes on the corrado to fuel pump too

Cheers
    Matt

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

you keep the plastic sections and replace the rubber ends, simply chop a slit in the factory crimps and replace with standard rubber hose proper fuel clips. this is exactly what the dealer would do

MJA likes this.
  3. valvemiester

valvemiester Paid Member Paid Member

I thought VWHeritage was selling the plastic pipes a while back not sure if they still have them.

4. watercooled Forum Member

Good solution just replacing the HP rubber hoses as the plastic ones never give any trouble,the rubber hoses crack and when removed you can bend them and they usually snap in half.....not a good thing to have in an engine bay !!!!.
    Have seen this many times even on later cars (our crap additive fuel ? ) who knows but something I have seen evidence of.
    Use proper FI clamps (non worm drive ) and don't forget the brass internal ferrule should you need to cut back the plastic lines.
    Lastly use the best rated FI fuel hose you can buy ,cheers.