Mk2 golf 16v wont start

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by Lukejw90, May 7, 2020.

1. Lukejw90 New Member

Hi if anyone cant help, is there a way of getting the metering head back to its start point? I had the car running but was adjusting the mixture not really knowing how sensitive it was and now i cant get it started again, it cranks over fine and starts for a split second then wont start, im trying to get it running so i can get it set up properly after knowing more about them now thanks

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

if its way off trial and error really. just dont unscrew it too far else it all falls apart inside and you'll have to fully strip the metering head down to thread it all back together. its no big deal, just a bit of a pain

Hektickvan likes this.
  3. pigbladder Forum Addict

do you have access to a gas tester for when it runs , will need setting up properly

4. Lukejw90 New Member

Okay ile have to just have a play around with it, once i get it running i will get it all setup properly, also it was converted from a 1.8 carb do you think i would need to convert rear drums to discs and pads? I have upgraded the front to 16v hubs do you think that would be enough? Thanks

5. pigbladder Forum Addict

fronts do most of the work , guess it depends how hard you drive it

6. Lukejw90 New Member

Is the metering head suppose to make a priming noise?