mk2 golf gti 16v lift pump split rubber

Discussion in '16-valve' started by dub_fever, Nov 14, 2018.

1. dub_fever Forum Member

I just tried to change the lift pump motor using the guide from the forum and noticed that the rubber pipe which goes into the motor has is corroded and split.

looking at it doesn't seem like I can fit a new rubber hose on it.

does anyone know what my options are here or do I need to replace the whole unit?

TIA

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

the one with the metal bit in the middle? its just a reducer hose not a non-return or anything special so not toohard to make up something with normal fuel hose :)

3. dub_fever Forum Member

Thanks RJ, if it was one size on both ends would have been easy.

I've ordered the metal piece from VWH now - https://www.vwheritage.com/357919133-connecting-piece-for-the-fuel-sender-to-fuel-pump-vw-spare

I'm having issue putting the new piece onto the lift pump and sender housing, the part has metal in the rubber pipe on both ends and fits pretty snug but not sure if it will hold long term.

Any thoughts?

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

it should have pipe clips either side to hold it properly N 10098001 and N 10196901 at 1.69+VAT and 76p+VAT respectively :)