mk2 golf Haldex 4wd

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by 16vjohn, Oct 29, 2009.

1. challice Forum Member

the Front driveshafts are TT inner an MK2 outer an the rears are shortend TT shafts an the rear arms are custom with adjustable rose joints so its fully adjustable...

2. Benjo Forum Member

like the 200 Trans Am:

[​IMG]

The way TSR have done the exhaust is a bit rudeboy, needlessly limiting future functionality (passengers?!). Personally, if it was my money, I'd want it done properly. Fitting an appropriate trans tunnel wouldn't be that much more work; prop routing & exhaust fab would've been much simpler, saving on labour costs. On balance, the cost difference would probably be negligible, & since your existing heater matrix doesn't work anyway it would probably have been prudent to just remove it & wait 'til an appropriate unit turned up cheap. Projects like this are always a can of worms, whichever way you look at it tho. Main thing is you're happy :thumbup:

3. challice Forum Member

fair point but i wouldnt have been simpler as it would have meant cutting the floor out an welding in a new tunnel so actually adding to the costs/time,

but like you said im happy with it...

cheers