MK2 Scirocco scala K-Jet System

Discussion in 'Scirocco' started by japstrat, May 14, 2015.

1. japstrat New Member

Hi would a MK2 scala K-JET system fit in a MK2 Golf Driver 1990 engine bay. I have been offered a complete system. And all ways liked the K-Jet system. I know the air box ect goes on the battery side. What do the brackets that hold the air box look like. Or should I get other parts to fit air box on other side? Thanks in advance.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

it'll fit, you'll just have to make up some brackets for the airbox plus probably move the washer bottle. main thing is the fuel lines, you'll have to make some up to suit as the mk2 ones obv wont be long enough.

its a lot of effort to go thru though really, I woul;d just hold out for mk2 setup. though a lot of the scirocco parts are the same as mk2 fuelling wise, main difference is the plastic parts on the airbox, the inlet manifold and some of the inlet boots plus the fuel lines are a bit different but might go with some careful tweaking, though you can get new sets made up these days probably a better plan

3. japstrat New Member

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

looks like the perfect fanny for the job, I can see the 5th injecotr hole. shame the idle switch has gone walkies but its only for the cold throttle enrichment which the early cars didnt have anyway.

the rocco metering head will work as will the wur and the plate to mount it on the front of the block, its just the airbox and the pipe work to the inlet you need and as i say probably the fuel lines too, or just get new ones. the rocco airbox will probably sit ok on the driver side, just have to secure it somehow so it wont flap about.

you'll need the main under car lines and the 2 metering head pipes from a kjet 8v or 16v mk2 golf, or a 16v corrado. the rocco fuel filter and bracket can be unbolted as I assume you'll be using the mk2/corrado kjet fuel pump assembly with the filter and accumulator either side