Mk2 Tornado Red Jetta Project

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Jonsie, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Jonsie Paid Member Paid Member

Hi all,
    I have written on this site about my Jetta previously when I converted to Evans coolant and fixed other bits and pieces. However, I have now started this as a proper project so I am going to put a thread together.
    Basically, the premise is that I am going to be learning as I go, trying to improve my car an eak more power out of it whilst doing as much as I can myself. (With your help of course)

So suspension, brakes, bushes, ARBs and engine work will all be done, plus bodywork and some interior also. I have Bilstien B12 Sportline suspension kit to fit, Eibach ARBs and mixture of polybush and upgrade bushes. Brakes I will changes discs, pads, brake lines and master cylinder for now. I am not going to overboard on power at this point is that will suffice. Engine, I have removed the head which I plan to port and flow as detailed by the excellent Mr Hillclimber thread, a 272 Newman cam, ceramic coat the inlet and 4branch manifolds, Trackslag exhaust and modified air box.
    This is the first time I am doing any of this so should be fun (read challenging) and I plan to detail progress here.

So, I guess the best way to start is with the car and pretty pics.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Car is a 1.8Cl with an 8v SPi engine. Not VWs finest hour but as good a place to start as any. As you can see from the pics the rear suspension has all but collapsed so needs replacing. All in all though, good condition and no rust to speak of so far.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

B12 Sportline kit ready to go on. I am fitting with OEM bump stops. There isn't any with them that I can see but there is talk online of the bump stops being internal to the shocks. I don't think so but if anyone knows different please say. I will be fitting these with the mk3 top mounts etc. I shall post these pics when I have them assembled. I had a Jetta previously with FK coil overs fitted. We're good but too bouncy for me, so excited to,see what these are like. These are my alloys I plan to fit when work is done, shod with Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

That's it for now will post when I have more
    Cheers
    Simon