Mk3.5 code reader

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by Anj, May 28, 2022.

1. Anj

Anj Paid Member Paid Member

Hi people, can anyone tell me if an obd11 code reader will work on my 1999 cabrio. I can’t seem to connect.
    I have a bit of a misfire when it’s warm. Only at Rickover though? Guessing it’s the coil or leads. I have a new cap and rotor on the way.
    It’s a 2.0 agg, have given it all new filters and plugs. Injector cleaner etc hi octane fuel
    Runs well after 1100rpm.
    Any help gratefully received

2. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

3. davidut5 Forum Member

I use vcds on agg. Also i have a mild camshaft installed and has some lumpy idle up to 1000-1100, could yours have one.

4. Anj

I don’t know about the cam, I guess without taking the cover off I won’t know. The idle is lumpy but it sounds more firing on three cylinders just for a moment then clears. The guy who had the car before me was late 60s so I doubt he would put a cam in. Before him I have no idea.

5. Anj

I don’t know about the cam, I guess without taking the cover off I won’t know. The idle is lumpy but it sounds more firing on three cylinders just for a moment then clears. The guy who had the car before me was late 60s so I doubt he would put a cam in. Before him I have no idea.

6. Anj

I have got myself a vcds lite set up now and it’s showing a lambda issue. Would this mean the probe or something causing the probe to pick it up? Bad picture of my laptop screen in the sun

Attached Files:

7. davidut5 Forum Member

I had lambda fail once, but had trouble while driving, not idle.
    I got a delphi one and lasted over a year, now fitted bosch. So far so good.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  8. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Go to ross-tech's wiki page and search your fault code number

9. Anj

Have done that now, went to disconnect the probe and opened a real can of worms. Head off now.