mk3 gti...oil light flashing and beeping!

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by JustinMK3GTI, Jul 17, 2020.

1. JustinMK3GTI New Member

hello there everyone,I've searched trought the forum but didn't foundend nothing similar to my problem.I correctly service the oil and filter every 10000 km,the engine have around 132600 km and every time I drove about 3500-4000 km from service this happen.Even if i drive slow or fast,around 2000 rpm or 7000 rpm and even the oil level is at correct level,the oil light starts blinking and beeping.I've readed in the manual that if this happen to oil pressure is too low so stop the engine and contact a mechanic.For who didn't know I have a 1993 golf mk3 GTI 16 v 2.0.Please someone help me because I'm going mad[><]

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

first check the wiring to the oil switches on top of the oil filter housing. the blue or brown one should have a blue/black wire, the white one should have a yellow wire (pull the boot up, just before the wire goes into the spade crimp the black over-sheath stops and you c an see the wire colour underneath)

if the wiring looks good earth the yellow spade connector and this should stop the warning. if that works, then either the oil switch is broken or you really do have low oil pressure!

JustinMK3GTI likes this.
  3. JustinMK3GTI New Member

thank you very much for the reply,I'll try and if I find that I've a low oil pressure what I need to do?

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

if you have low oil pressure it can only be down to the oil pump really, not a common failure on these engines though unless its been mistreated in the past. more likely to be a wiring or sensor fault :)

JustinMK3GTI likes this.