MK4 Golf Climatronic install into MK2 Golf

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by rubjonny, Aug 7, 2013.

1. francescodenetto Forum Member

I have those 2 connectors
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yeah thats the one, those 2 connectors are where the climatronic wiring joins the main car harness 'T12a' and 'T17a'

3. francescodenetto Forum Member

It'work!!! I have a question.. In climatronic secret men At 8 posistion there is -53..it's The value of g191 sensor..In The schematic there is only The g192 sensor..

4. rubjonny

G191 is the centre vent temp sensor, its only used on the passat version of the climatronic system for whatever reason

5. francescodenetto Forum Member

In my golf 4 climatronic isn't It?

6. rubjonny

yes, the panels are the same for mk4 and Passat but not sure about the rest of the system. but yeah, G191 isnt used on the MK4 so this is why you see -53 when you check it. Its normal, dont worry :)

francescodenetto likes this.
  7. francescodenetto Forum Member

Ok..does AUTO function Will work?

8. rubjonny

yes, because the mk4 system doesn't need this sensor to work. all mk4 golf climatronic cars will report -53 when you check sensor input G191. ;)

francescodenetto likes this.
  9. francescodenetto Forum Member

Thanks a Lot rubjonny

10. Salveno New Member

Any updates?

11. rubjonny

Unfortunately not so far, I've not really got round to doing anything except buy more parts :lol:

I've started to make a complete new car loom from scratch to suit a full MK4 CCM module rather than the central locking module it is now, so I can use MK4 window motors etc. But with all the loom work I do its not got very far as I only get the odd day now and again to look at it.

I'm hoping to get the A/C box in this year but we shall see how that plan goes, been saying it for the last 3 years :lol:

12. Salveno New Member

Thanks RJ,
    Your thread really helped me alot yesterday.
    This is what I have.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With your help, I got it to work in standalone mode.
    [​IMG]

I have a few questions...
    Does the mk4 blower motor fit into the mk2 heater box?
    Do I need the temp sensor on front bumper to show outside temperature?
    is it possible to transfer the motors for the flaps over from the mk4 to the mk2 heaterbox.

My AC dont work, but I'd like the circulation to work at least.

13. rubjonny

1. nope, the mk4 blower is different shape and much bigger. For the short term (well long term now lol) I chopped the old mk2 fan plug off, crimped male spades on the earth and full speed pin then pushed them into the mk4 fan plug and secured with lots of tape

2. it'll work without, but may as well fit it at the same time as all the other wiring

3. not easily no, the casings are pretty different. be more work than making a bracket to get the mk4 box to fit up to the mk2 bulkhead using original holes. This is what I'll be doing for version 2 of my climatronic section, just need a simple metal bracket bent up to bolt on the mk4 heater box with studs attached that fit thru the factory mk2 holes

for recirculation only way is with mk4 blower housing, they're just too different. if you dont care about a/c and dont want to chop hoels in the bulkhead you can split it open, pull out the a/c rad and remove the extra stud round the back, trim down the drain hole down & plug. then make up a bracket for the inside so it fits up with oem mk2 holes.

14. Salveno New Member

Thanks RJ,
    I will see how far I get this coming weekend.
    Will post a picture when all is done.

15. Salveno New Member

So I've decided to go this route.
    The Climatronic will control fan speed, and display inside and outside temp, whiles the original slider knobs will control circulation.
    [​IMG]

16. rubjonny

ah so you already have aircon? If so you'll probably find the MK4 airbox bolts right up to the bulkhead just needs modification to sit right inside the car as the inner mounting up at the A pillar differs. But I assume the problem is you dont want to open the a/c system and loose the gas right and/or mess with mk3/4 pipe and compressor swap...

for the mk2 recirculation you could just wire it to a switch short term, its controlled by a valve

17. Salveno New Member

Yeah I'm going to fit the complete mk4 airbox. My car has factory aircon, but theres bits missing e.g the drier and some wires has been cut in the engine bay.

18. rubjonny

ah cool, so yeah offer up the mk4 airbox to your firewall I believe it will fit right in with the factory holes from my measurements and image hunting. let me know how it goes! only one I'm not sure of is if the drain is in the same place, its hard to be sure.

on the inside the mk2 has a plastic nut thing at the A pillar, mk4 has a big peg poking out the airbox slots onto you'll see what I mean.

You might find the mk4 fan does fit the mk2 a/c blower housing, they are a similar style. for the mk2 non-ac the fan is much smaller

19. Salveno New Member

Hi RJ,
    I saw the big peg sticking out behind the Mk4 box, since I'm.not gonna be using AC, do I even need it? I'm asking before I grind it off.

20. rubjonny

the one at the bottom you mean? that is the drain to allow any condensation from the a/c rad to drain out. You should have a hole for the drain in the mk2 bulkhead already, looking at pics I think its in the same place as the mk4 one?