MK4 Golf Gti Anniversary Rear Calipers?

Discussion in 'Scirocco' started by jabber88, Jun 28, 2020.

1. jabber88 New Member

Hi all,

So my GTX has been sitting patiently off road (gubbed cylinder head for the past 3 years now.
    I've decided to break my MK4 Golf Gti as the residual value is just poor for it depite it being in good condition.

I'd like to stick the rear brake calipers on the rear and convert to discs. On the Golf I had running 256mm rear vented discs. (Anniversary setup) Are these a straight swap onto the 226 mm rear discs?
    1. Can I use the caliper and carriers for this conversion?

2. Upfront I have the standard 239mm setup. I'd like covert these to 256mm as I would hopefully be able to retain my 14" wheels, possible to do I believe.... I would like to use the vauxhall caliper setup front however I seem to be struggling tracking down part numbers etc for this especially the carriers.

3. A 22mm master cylinder would be my my final modification in my thinking and some sort of bias valve fro the rear brakes as weight on the rear corners of the rocket is half that of the fat Golf.

Would that setup be capable of stopping the Engine when she goes in? An AGU with K03S and stage one setup (approx 190 bhp).

Any help would be appreciated.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

1. pretty sure the calipers are no good, carriers definitely wont go anyway you have to use the mk2/3 ones with mk4 rear calipers
    2. cav/vecra 16v from memory, nuggets here:
    https://www.clubgti.com/forums/index.php?threads/mk2-16v-brakes-on-a-mk1-golf.249834/
    3. depending on age you may need a mk2 1.8 9" servo, but iirc later rocco/cab are same master fitment. should be ok with the in-line pressure reducers most stick with them when going rear discs no problem

3. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Polo 9n3 hub and stub axle, seperate discs not all in one like mk1-3. needs a plate to mount carrier between stub and beam, think epytec or darkside do them, or use polo beam as pattern and make some, lupo gti used this style set up.
    That's mock up for ours, ibiza cupra R rear set up 256mm vented, not sure on minimum wheel size.

Attached Files: