Mk5 R32 Wiring Diagram

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by jamiehol, Sep 5, 2016.

1. jamiehol Forum Member

I haven't been on here for a while, but I am looking for some with my R32 engine in my track car project.

In particular I am looking for a wiring diagram for BUB engined Mk5 Golf R32, or at least the pin outs for the cam position sensors.

They are the grey 3 pin sensors not the black ones as found in the Mk4 engine. I assume the pins are a Gnd, signal and a reference voltage although not sure if it is a 5 or 12v feed.

The engine was previously running an Emerald K3 ECU with a cable throttle body and grouped injectors so I was just running the crank sensor, but I am upgrading to a K6+ ECU that runs DBW throttle and sequential injection which I need the cam sensor for hence need to know the pin outs for it.

Jamie.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

got one in my signature link, g5bubecu......pdf :thumbup:

3. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

John Lamsley at Emerald is pretty helpful with such matters if you get stuck. VW Enterpise , a dealer for Emerald in London also.

To save you time, the diagram for cam position on the 8P BUB 3.2 litre engine below.

[​IMG]

4. jamiehol Forum Member

John, Eddie thanks for the replies.

Eddie have dropped an email to Emerald as wanted to double check the ECU they shipped is configured for a MK5 engine, just waiting a reply.

I will probably end up getting Emerald themselves to map it as they are on 30 miles up the road from me.